“Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chef Khalid Mohammed's Chaud Restaurant offers modern, international cuisine with a touch of Caribbean flair. Favourites include the guava barbecue shrimp and creamy cheddar grits with applewood-smoked bacon or a tasting of three tartares - yellowfin tuna, Atlantic salmon and Chilean sea bass. Chef Khalid prides himself on freshness, quality and creativity with entrees that include tamarind-glazed double-cut pork chop, and the maple-glazed double duck breast with apple butter. Be sure to end your meal at Chaud with some of the best desserts on the island.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

First of all as soon as I entered I was blown away by the hostess she greeted me by my name before I could even give her any information how did she know my name I don't know.....dood and contrast of flavors outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........the ambiance A_maze_ingggggggg!!!.......service on point and cocktails great...My girlfriend Atysha mos definitely enjoyed herself...will definitely return...Big ups to Khalid Mohommed and his team.......

Reviewed 6 October 2017

International fare of good quality, but overpriced for what it is. The coronation lamb salad was perfectly alright, if not very memorable.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was packed out.
The appetizers were tasty and the food great.
No wonder it was rated highly.
It is a must for locals and internationals.
You would not regret it.
Unsure of the price as I did not pay.
Always good

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

There were 7 of us, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was really delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal, the staff were very accommodating and friendly, they answered all our questions regarding the food. We would definitely be back again.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

You know when the dining experience is superb when you forget the time. That’s exactly what happened to my friends and I during our visit to Chaud.

All courses flowed well into each other. I had the beet and goat cheese salad, and it has certainly changed my view in beets, deliciousness.

For the entree, I had the Guava BBQ grouper, I liked the Caribbean creole fusion of the Callao and the fish was cooked to perfection.

For dessert, the chocolate marquise was the right amount of cocoa to shot my tastebuds to their happy place.

Between the course there were complimentary tamarind sorbet, which was my fave.