All reviews st vincent lobster business trip other hotels lovely dinner colonial style friday buffet one night in town the staff were friendly and helpful great history rum punch residential area local food wonderful hotel wireless internet two nights
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Lovely old world style hotel, with lots of quaint features. Bar and restaurant are great, food good, prices reasonable and staff excellent. I had a very comfotable relaxing stay. I had a minor issue with my booking and the front desk staff went out of their way to resolve it - geniune ild fashioned customer service - thank you!

Room tip: As for a view
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Davebauhaus
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

While bareboat sailing down the Windwards, a crew member became ill and was transported to Milton Cato Hospital. Being unfamiliar with the area, a hospital staff worker suggested (I was the crew nurse) Grenadine House, nearby. This hospital worker actually phoned the hotel to secure a room and delivery of luggage was arranged- on good faith! I ended up spending 5 days at Grenadine House. Lindika, a staff member at the hotel was an angel to me during a difficult time; the entire staff was nurturing and helpful. I felt very blessed & safe to have found this oasis. My room was lovely, clean, great a/c. I took all my meals in the hotel dining room. The cuisine was local and a high level of preparation. All soups were authentic, delicious and nutritious. The salads were fresh and a special Friday buffet at lunch, was over the top! The staff, every single one, was helpful and caring. This hotel, nice, but made great by the staff provided a special experience that I will always treasure-angels and blessings all.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bethbeach
Laela C, Manager at Grenadine House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us. It's always difficult handling medical emergencies in an unfamiliar place, but we are delighted that we were able to assist where possible and make you feel comfortable during a difficult time. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to have you visit us again under better circumstances. All the very best to you.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We decided on the Grenadine House based on the architectural aspect of the building as well as the affordability.
A quaint stay in st Vincent. It was a about 20 minutes from the new airport. It was quite rainy when we stayed so we made the best of our trip hanging around the hotel, enjoying their well prepared meals and basking in the ambience of this simplistic country's colonial style hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TriniGirl01

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy you were still able to make the most of your trip despite the rain. We hope to welcome you back with sunshine the next time around. All the best!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

As a frequent traveller around St Vincent and the Grenadines, I can easily say this is the nicest place to stay on the main land.
The really important reason for me, is the staff are very customer focussed and have a 'can do' attitude. Much of St Vincent (mainland) isn't very tourist savvy, meaning that the customer often has to make do or compromise. I have stayed at 3 other hotels where I was informed I couldn't get room service, one wouldn't order me a cab and another wouldn't replenish the mini-bar. These types of occurrences simply don't happen st Grenadines House. The staff go above and beyond to help.
The breakfast is plentiful and generally quite good. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, have AC and new bathrooms.
My only fault is that the rooms have no fridge which I think is a must when you're staying for more than one night. But, the staff were very willing to accommodate by bringing several buckets of ice throughout my stay!
I have stayed at Grenadines House 3 or 4 times now, I won't stay anywhere else!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank caribweezie84
Laela C, General Manager at Grenadine House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you so much for making Grenadine House your choice of stay in St.Vincent. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back "home" All the best!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This was a very good place for a short stay in St.Vincent. It sits high above the town with excellent views across the harbour and bay to bequia. I liked the tiled terrace complete with metal tables and circular fountain that could so easily been in a Spanish, Italian, Portuguese Mediterranean town. A quite oasis to start the day with breakfast or watch the sunset of an evening. The staff were friendly and engaging with customers. We ate every evening during our stay and had a couple of special requests made for us by the chef. It was a short taxi ride into town and for the normal able bodied a short walk to the botanical gardens. They have a good relationship with a guy called Francois who we used a lot during our stay for trips around the immediate locality and to / from the airport. He does very good longer tours of the island as well. Our room was big enough and well maintained by housekeeping.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil_Owen

Thank you for choosing Grenadine House. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to see a bit of our Island. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. All the best!