Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews outdoor shower swim up bar minute ferry ride sunset point private patio sailing trip montreal gardens lounge chairs small boat cinnamon bread rum punch water taxi a special place laid back total relaxation st lucia mainland
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Amazing laid back property was a first class experience. Bianca and her team always make you feel valued and do everything they can to make your stay wonderful. Food was excellent and it was so refreshing to have a relaxed AI experience with no lineups, problems finding chairs etc. The accommodations are great as well. Be sure to hike up to the top for some amazing views and take boat ride over and climb up the fort to see even more amazing scenery! Shout out to Jason our favourite bartender and Meesha and Patricia who took great care of us at meals.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 2mcs
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Friends had assured us that Young Island was "not as it used to be." Indeed, it has been around for ages and some units show this more than others. But the resort has the best of the old time Caribbean vibe: exquisite cleanliness and - for the most part - high service standards and staff who will literally do anything for you. Fresh flowers every day, along with ice delivered to your unit and maid service twice a day are examples of an old fashioned pride in hospitality. Vincentians are awesome and friendly. The housekeeping supervisor and staff here are easily the best we have experienced in the Caribbean over the past 30 years! The unique thing about the resort is its setting: botanical, bird and animal life are endlessly fascinating. Some units are up steep paths - and stone steps with no handrails - so not good for people with mobility challenges; best to request a suite on the beach or close to the pool in advance if this might be an issue for you; the staff will do everything they can to accommodate your needs. If you do end up in a hillside suite, you will be rewarded with breathtaking views and the feeling that you are in a tree house! Breakfast is included and is absolutely first rate, as is the table service. They bake their own bread and there is abundant choice - we fell in love with the cinnamon bread. Other meals range from first class to very good; if you enjoy fresh fish prepared in imaginative ways, you will love the meals here. A quick ferry ride takes you to St. Vincent, and taxis can be arranged to tour and/or shop. Other islands in the Grenadines are a ferry ride away. I would suggest that management consider stocking the refrigerators with soft and/or alcoholic drinks (there is no shop on Young Island, though you can take a quick taxi ride to a grocery store if you like.) There is no real room service as such. Generally, it is very quiet; however, noise travels across the water and boats are docked opposite the island, so it is a good idea to bring ear plugs (our first two nights were characterized by VERY loud music and partying until 2 am or so, which we were assured was unusual.) The resort is recently under new management and one has the feeling that they are still trying to decide whether it is a luxury property or a bohemian retreat. Once they figure it out, I expect it will thrive because there is just nothing like it.

Room tip: If mobility is an issue, request a room on the beach or pool rather than the hillside.
Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank MargotRudy
Reviewed 8 December 2019

When we dive in St. Vincent, we always stay at the Young Island Resort which is actually a separate small island off the coast of St. Vincent. It is easily reached by a small boat which ferries passengers back and forth and it is also right across the channel from Dive St. Vincent. Divers are picked up at the dock each day at 9am and depending on where you go to dive and how long the dives last, you'll be returned each day between @ 12:45-1:15pm - plenty of time to rinse gear and then enjoy lunch. The resort has individual cottages, some deluxe ones with small plunge pools and a central area overlooking the beach and gardens where meals are served. A very nice pool area, separate beach area with lounge chairs, hammocks and a swim up bar, and even a friendly resident parrot named Misty. FYI, Misty would like you to bring pistachios in the shell...Plantings are lush and meticulously cared for. We can't say enough about the staff at Young Island, many have been there for over 10 or even 25+ years. The manager, Bianca Porter, has also been there for many many years and is a most gracious host. They all welcome us like family, even ask to see our dive pics now, so welcoming and polite and truly make your stay memorable. When is the last time you were hugged goodbye by the waitstaff at your resort? The meals are consistently excellent; always a variety of choices on the menu. After the first day at breakfast, they'll remember how you like to start the day and bring your coffee/tea/juice right out! WiFi is great if you need to stay in touch but no TVs in your room which is the best way to truly unplug. You can stroll down to the tip of the island to Sunset Point which is an excellent way to end the day before cocktails and dinner and the evening tree frog chorus. One tip - choose a cottage with an outdoor shower if you bring your own gear and like to rinse after diving daily - makes it so easy! Forgot to mention there is also a spa for massages, etc.

One other note: we always spend our days diving as much as possible, but St. Vincent is a beautiful island with botanical gardens to visit and hiking trails and waterfalls and other attractions. So far, one cruise ship arrives each week on Fridays, but otherwise you'll have the island to yourself to explore. If you also sail, you can arrange that too.

Reviewed 18 November 2019

I overnighted on Young Island with my wife and adult daughter 17-18th November 2019. I must say that our stay was fantastic. The food was tasty, the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Let’s not forget the ambiance with natural forest intertwined with cottages and trails with beautiful scenery with access to both pool and sea.
The front desk clerk Maya was exceptional and let’s not forget the effervescent Bianca who manages the resort.

To everyone working at Young Island thank you very much for your wonderful hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Photo is of sunset from my cottage balcony.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2019

I am just completing my third stay at Young Island Resort. I was welcomed back as an old friend. Due to mobility issues I requested a room at ground level. I was placed in cottage 5 directly on the beach. Who could ask for anything better? I have read certain reviews regarding attitude of staff; all I have to say regarding this is if you treat the staff courteously it will be reciprocated. The food is spectacular and served politely and efficiently in cabanas overlooking the lagoon, you can also have your meals delivered straight to your room. I must confess I have taken most breakfasts this way sitting on my private patio, delightful. Special thanks must go to Bianca, Latesha and Neil for outstanding Customer Service and special thanks to ALL the housekeeping staff who visit twice daily with a friendly smile and efficiency also to the fantastic, smiling boatmen for their expert handling of the boat to and from the mainland. I am always sad to leave the island but happy to know I will be back again in the future. My very special paradise.

Trip type: Travelled solo