The Four Seasons Resort in Nevis has the type of setting one hopes for when thinking about a beautiful beach resort. The beach itself is very peaceful with fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. The sunsets are spectacular. In addition, the people of Nevis and the staff at the hotel are wonderful.
Now for the bad news. The rooms are really nothing special and not what one would expect when going to a Four Seasons Resort. We stayed in their highest category of rooms and they simply are nothing special. In fact, the bathrooms were really sub-par. But, we had a great view of the ocean and the impressive landscaping around the resort.
More bad news. The food. We had 2 fantastic dinners. Unfortunately neither were at the resort. The food is very expensive at the resort and at the surrounding higher end restaurants. But the meals we had at Bananas and Coconut Grove were worth the expense and the trip away from the resort. The dinners at the resort on the other hand were really fair at best. The portions were small and the prices were high. Not a good combination. All in all dinner was OK. But, I have a problem paying Manhattan prices for just OK. Lunch was a fiasco. They only have one restaurant open for lunch to feed everyone. The kitchen apparently can't handle it. Each day we waited and waited and waited for our food to arrive. When it did finally come, it was really bad. We had to return some of meals. They need to have an alternative place to eat lunch to ease the load on this restaurant. It would also have been nice to have a change of pace. 6 lunches with the exact same menu (save one daily special) is a bit boring especially when it takes that long and is of poor quality. Breakfast was OK. It didn't rise to the level of some of the other resorts we have visited that had fantastic offerings, but it wasn't awful.
In the end, there are some terrific things about the resort. But, in comparison to some of the other wonderful Four Seasons we have visited, this place takes a back seat. After having taken 2 flights and a ferry just to get there, we were hoping for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis. A tropical oasis located lifetimes away from the hustle and bustle of the Caribbean-flush with sugar-soft beaches and sweeping vistas of rainforest, discover equal parts serenity and tropical adventure around every bend. Set off to the little-known island of Nevis and escape to the farthest reaches of your imagination. Here, the island is your oyster. Tee off by sunset at our Robert Jones-designed golf course, catch your own lobster for dinner or fall asleep along a beach of your choosing. How it plays out is up to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Hotel Charlestown
- 4 Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
- Four Seasons Hotel Charlestown
- Four Seasons Charlestown
- Four Season Nevis
- Charlestown Four Seasons
- 4 Seasons Nevis
- Four Season Hotel Nevis
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies St. Kitts And Nevis