All reviews golf cart outdoor bathroom infinity pool the cottages mango tree pork st kitts volcano hike luxury resort one of a kind course meal under construction gorgeous property nursery tour off the beaten path frette linens sea level
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Very secluded vacation cottages - private pool, restaurant, hiking, shuttles to island sites, large workout room, wellness center (yoga, massage) and caribbean style cottages. Get a cottage with a personal pool. Bathrooms (toilet, shower, sinks) are outside on a porch. May not be what some consider luxury. Inside room with nice bed, storage space, mini-fridge, coffee/tea - great views. Some patios needed repair - rotting wood/nails. Large tv/movie screen in rooms. Very private - feel you are surrounded by nature - monkeys, mongoose, etc. Staff was very good for the island - especially restaurant/bar staff. Food was farm fresh and good - limited menu in case you are staying more than a weekend. Pretty far from other restaurants and sites on the island - more for a place to get away and not leave. Pool area is amazing - paradise. Hiking nearby, including the volcano crater. Long trip to a good beach though. If you get a good rate ($250-300 for small cottage) and do not mind an outside bathroom, this place is beautiful. Larger units available for families or events. Regular cottage fits 2, 3 (daybed), or 2 small kids in daybed. All-inclusive food/drink package available. Best deals are directly through the hotel - some travel sites show a room you will not get.

1  Thank TinaEducator
Charles M, Manager at Belle Mont Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear TinaEducator, thanks for sharing this balanced and detailed review of your recent stay on our farm. I'm especially pleased to see that you enjoyed the privacy and seclusion of our unique location along the foothills of Mount Liamuiga, as well as our farm fresh cuisine and service. We take the time each September to close for a few weeks in order to spruce up and give attention to areas that require maintenance and upgrades. I truly appreciate the input you provided on our patios as it will prove very useful in this regard. All the best!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I seriously do not even know where to start. When we were looking to book on the island we were torn between whether to stay here or at the beach. Due to the mixed reviews on trip advisor and people having some really terrible things to say I took a risk and did two nights here and two nights at the Marriott (as the people who left here in the middle of their trip said they went to the Marriott and it saved their vacation) This was about the dumbest thing we could have ever done!! WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE?!? I seriously would like to know where the people who complained about this place have stayed that was nicer than here! My husband and I travel a fair amount globally and this was easily one of the nicest places we have EVER stayed!!!
The staff goes above and beyond to help and assist you and they are so nice and polite and helpful. The resort is SO clean and the rooms are immaculate! I definitely recommend upgrading to the private pool villa. It was SO nice!!!!
If you are debating on whether to do the all inclusive I just say it depends on how much you want to eat and drink. It definitely isn't necessary or cost effective if you eat and drink light but if you want to try everything on the menu and have drinks and room service flowing then go for it. I was nervous to not chose it as some reviews said that the resort was expensive but I did not think it was astronomical by any means. I will attach photos of the room service menu and the breakfast menu (I forgot to get dinner and lunch but lunch is only served at the pool and has typical bar options hamburgers salads and such and runs about 10-15 a plate).
I definitely recommend the farm to table meal (side note it is not supposed to be included in the all inclusive) It is offered on Tuesdays and Fridays only but it was so nice to meet other guests and the views were amazing! They say its a 10-14 course meal but I would like to clarify that it is more like 10 different dishes two try with only two being meat choices. So eat as much of each as you would like and there really isn't a need to pace yourself as they warn you to do.

Side notes: As other reviewers have said the bathrooms are all outside. We felt this was very romantic and a fun part of the adventure. I would lay in the bath, drink hot tea and read my book and the views were amazing! We did NOT have a mosquito issue and I do not know if it was the time of the year but the weather was perfect. There is AC in the rooms but it doesn't make the room very cold however with the breeze we were totally comfortable with the down comforter on the bed and were not hot at all. In addition each room has a large. projector screen with netflix for "TV" at night which was a nice touch!
Also if you are somewhat active I HIGHLY recommend the hike with O'neil up the volcano. It was about $100/pp and takes about 4 hours and leaves at 9am. You just call the front desk to schedule it at least a day before you go!
There were a few families with children and while I will say it is not a "family friendly" resort per say you can make it work. If you have the opportunity to make it an adult only vacation I would definitely suggest that!
There high season is from about December to March so if you can go off season it is a total steal! I am not sure what the rates are at that point but for August I feel like we really lucked out with pricing.
DEFINITELY upgrade to the private pool villa if you can swing it. Worth every penny!

Follow our story on IG @ onemoreprojectonemoretrip

Room Tip: Ask for a villa with an unobstructed view if possible (all the views are breath taking just some are a little better than others)
1  Thank Rebecca N
Charles M, Manager at Belle Mont Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear rebecca m,

I can't thank you enough for sharing such a positively glowing account of your recent stay with us! The entire staff and management at Belle Mont Farm strive to create a guest experience that is second to none. Your assertion that everyone should "stay here at least once in your life" is precisely the type of guest reaction we work so hard to achieve. You can be sure that the smiles on our faces today as we serve our current guests are even wider than usual thanks to your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to our special corner of St. Kitts soon, next time for the full duration of your stay on island.

All the best!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I have clients that I booked a 1 bedroom cottage/pool. They were extremely pleased. The resort was gorgeous, people were friendly and the cottage was beautiful. Set into the mountains, private and peaceful. Private pool was a bonus for sure. The menu is limited and 1 restaurant is currently closed. My clients were very pleased and felt relaxed as soon as they arrived.
The only downfall was in the evening, they realized that the generator was spotty at best so therefore off and on power, no air conditioning and his CPAP machine wouldn't work so he couldn't sleep. They definitely need to have that fixed. This happened to all the guests, not just their cottage! After 1 night, they had to check out and were so disappointed.

Room Tip: perhaps best not to get the all inclusive if you are there for a week as the menu is limited. Delicious food however.
1  Thank Melissa F
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I had read many articles about Belle Mont Farm. I went for lunch one day in July. My first impressions was of wonder! The dining room and bar area were exquisitely decorated. The old with the new. I had a lovely lunch overlooking the pool area, the distant sea shore and the island of St. Eustatius. I returned a few days later for their farm to table dinner. I was not disappointed. I hope to stay in one of their beautiful rooms when I return to St. Kitts.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mickyboca
Charles M, Manager at Belle Mont Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear mickyboca, thanks so much for sharing this nice account of your recent visit to our special corner of St. Kitts. If the experience of having lunch with us left such a great first impression with you, I am certain that the overall effect of staying with us will only elevate your affection for the unique brand of service and hospitality we offer here at Belle Mont Farm. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The views are unarguably beautiful. The property and service are still St.Kitts with no attention to detail. To start, the main building is pretty. I enjoyed the decor, but cleaning it once in a while would not hurt. Open air concepts are great, but one needs to be aware that there may be extra steps required such as cleaning the coffee tables and other decor accents. If birds will be flying into the building, it is inevitable that their presence will be remembered. So it would be nice if the the coffee tables could be cleaned of their droppings.

In terms of the food, we only had breakfast there. The pastries were good, but overall it was overpriced and not worth it. We did go to Sprat Net for dinner (about a 30 minute drive.) It was great and highly recommend it.

The rooms were very pretty. As mentioned by another reviewer, they could work on the details here as well. Not the cleanest and they came to turn down the place after 9pm. It should be noted that there is no privacy. From our villa you could see into other villas and the private pool was completely exposed. That being said, we were one of the lucky ones as our outdoor bathroom was open but a bit more private. You could see directly into our bathroom if you were walking on the path. However you could easily see in from the main pathway into others bathrooms and bedrooms.
We found it a bit noisy at times with people walking on the path and golf carts driving by. This was during low season, by the way.

Also, for a proclaimed luxury resort you expect attention to detail, but this sorely lacked. For example, there was no trash can in the bathroom. If used a tissue you needed to walk inside to the bedroom to throw it out. A funny and "only in St. Kitts experience" we encountered was that there was no coffee pot in room. Granted there were pre-filled coffee filters though. When we asked at reception about a coffee pot, the woman stated, "I didn’t even know you got coffee." She inquired with housekeeping and conveyed that t"hey said just use hot water."
We also asked if they had a wine list that we may be interested in having something brought to the room and the response was “well, I like to say we do have a wine list, but I’m pretty sure we don’t."

When looking for suggestions for restaurants near by they informed us of Sprat Net and Aurthur's, which was closed. The woman also informed us, “there is a hurricane coming so we try to keep guests off the beach.” Btw, there was no follow up about safety, other info about hurricane.

A few other notes that other reviews stated as well- there is no grocery store nearby, really it is near nothing, and the rooms are stuffy as the air-condition does not work all that well and the fan above cannot be adjusted.

It still is a beautiful place for a quick get away, but that is with a discount and realizing it is still the Caribbean.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 312jenbee

Dear 312jenbee,

Thank you very much for having shared your recent travel experience. Feedback is especially important to the Resort as it helps us to improve the level of service we are delivering to our valued guests. We were pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the gorgeous views Belle Mont Farm has to offer, the pretty decor of the rooms and the picturesque architecture but were sorry to hear that there were concerns about the attention being paid to parts of the property, by the Team. While we appreciate that we cannot always get it right, please rest assured that your concerns are being addressed with the Team, to ensure swift improvement. Thank you again for having chosen to stay at Belle Mont Farm.