“Beautiful view with elegant dinner”
Review of Serendipity

Serendipity
Reserve with OpenTable
Serendipity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Basseterre
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I wound up here because I wanted to try lionfish. After asking around, this was one of two recommended locations. It was a little tricky to find (for a non-local). I was seated at a table by the open window. I had a gorgeous view and a cool breeze. Because it was the off-season, I also had the restaurant to myself. The decor was simple but elegant and appreciated after nearly a week of more casual dining locations.

The food was very good. The bread came early as well as a amuse-bouche. I drank my virgin pina colada while I waited for my lion fish. The fish was a mild disappointment. It was prepared perfectly but I couldn't tell it apart from several whitefish varieties I was already familiar with. I ended up leaving the meal abruptly (see note below), but really enjoyed the small tastes of everything I tried.

Note: This place was really hard to review as I got really sick part way through dinner. This is NOT the restaurant's fault as I simply slipped into a migraine after a day of diving and not enough water.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The conch chowder is amazing! The bacon wrapped chicken with prosciutto was good but the chicken could have used a few more minutes in the oven. It was cooked thoroughly but a tad tough. Didn't have enough room to try dessert, unfortunately. The view outside is nice. Reservations are recommended. The owner and her staff are very friendly and welcoming. Pricing is a bit expensive for the entrees.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

one of the best lunches
pumpkin soup grilled chicken sandwich
great view dinner just as good relaxing location

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Just love serendipity. The ambiance, the staff, the service, the food, the location is first class. I went back in June and on my last day 9th June was looking forward to having lunch and was disappointed to find it close. Serendipity don't open on a Saturday for lunch :-(. God willing I'm going back in October for my birthday and hope I won't be disapointed and it will be opened. Keep up the good work. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Awesome place with great views and a great breeze :-). Food was excellent and service was good. We were staying in Frigate Bay and this restaurant was a short cab ride away. Definitely would recommend dinner here.