3,344 results
All reviews the ritz bar jack the club lounge beach side resort view grand cayman sushi restaurant ocean front tasting menu steam room resort fee four seasons front row pina colada fitness center paddle boards beach chairs
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I enjoyed my three nights at the Ritz. The overall room service was excellent. The resort had two residential areas. If you stay in less expensive tower, the ocean pool is far away. The main reception area was ok but congested and dated. The oceanside pool and facilities were very nice. However, I was not happy at the two restaurants I ate, because of poor service and pricey menu.

Room tip: The Oceanside rooms have better views and easy access to the beach. My guess is they are lot more expensive.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank pg1943
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear pg1943,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time during your recent stay at our resort! We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding our resort and facilities, as it will certainly help us improve our guests' experience in the future.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another brilliant vacation!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were so happy to take time away for ourselves to celebrate our anniversary and more importantly our babymoon (time away before the arrival of our daughter) only to be totally let down! To keep it short: No access to the main ocean pool ...yeah the big nice one in the pictures...., no easy access to the beach..the only route involved walking foreverrrrrr and plenty of step climbing (not easy for a very pregnant woman), I guess because it slow season there were NO activities offered which blows my mind for a 5-star hotel, and lastly, trying to catch a nap during the day....forget about it! Banging and booming for hours right outside of our door with no apology on a rainy day when guests are trying to rest.

Now if customer service was in place 1) Our room would have been closer to the ‘only’ beach access that was open especially after taking time to ask beforehand if anything special being celebrated to which we responded babymoon/anniversary. Also it was mentioned at check in that it’s their slow season so there should have been plenty of room options available!!
2) It would have been nice to have been notified about all of the above prior to booking!! These factors definitely would have played into my decision to stay here.
3) A simple gesture and/or apology would have been nice on the day that the construction was taking place right outside of my door.
Sorry so long I’m just frustrated. My husband and I made a sacrifice to stay here expecting a top notch experience and to celebrate two very important occasions but instead we were left daydreaming about home as well as our normal vacation spots that never disappoint.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank mbc08
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear mbc08,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at our resort. We sincerely apologize for falling short of the memorable experience you expected and deserved to celebrate your special occasions. Your comments are very helpful as they will certainly help us improve our guest experience in the future.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally and learn more details about your stay. You may contact me directly at 345-815-6001.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

So my wife and I love this place. We will be back. She did get sick from the breakfast that they brought us (I have an iron stomach, so I didn't get sick). She was up vomiting (and other things) all night. When I made the hotel staff aware of the issues, they addressed it the best they could. They didn't argue with me...they just asked how they could make it better. That was everything. Hence instead of giving a 3 or 4, I'm giving a 5 because they handled the situation very very well. My wife might rate them differently, but they salvaged my vacation but helping me solve the problem.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear focused_06,

We are very happy to learn that you had a fantastic stay at our resort! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community. We greatly appreciate your time and are delighted to learn that the exemplary service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen exceeded your expectations. We hope you return soon to our resort and beautiful island.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We came to The Ritz for lunch and a quiet beach while on Grand Cayman for a cruise. The food and service were excellent. The beach was almost empty. We learned that September is the only month for remodeling so you could hear the construction, but it wasn't unbearable and the beach was still very relaxing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Kristi V,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time during your recent visit to our resort and that the exemplary food and service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen exceeded your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another fantastic vacation!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Came to the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman with a group. First, the property is split up into two buildings, the resort side and the beach side, divided by the road. However, you won't ever feel like you're in two buildings because there's a breezeway/gallery that takes you across and above the street. However, if you're staying in the resort side like I was, it is kind of a hike to go to the beach.

Second, service was professional. When I was showed a room near the elevator and ice machine, I asked to be moved, which they did promptly and without any hesitation. The most delightful person was the lady that worked at Cupboard, a small gift shop/deli type place in the beach building. She was super nice every morning I saw her.

Third, food is expensive. You're in Ritz-Carlton resort on an island that has to import a lot of food. Get used to food being expensive.

Finally, the big attraction is the beach. Seven mile beach is long and white, just like you want a beach to be. Chairs are set up all along the beach and you can reserve them as early as 7am, so there are some times no chairs to be had by 9am or so. That said, I had reserved a daybed one day and cabana the next day so I had a spot that I didn't have to guard. Be forewarned that the prices for each of those was more than a night's stay a the hotel, so it is a splurge. They way the beach faces, neither the daybed or cabana was useable by 3pm since the blazing hot sun was beating down on you and there was no shade at that point. The cabana was supposed to come with personalized butler service, but we just received regular beach service like everyone else. The people working beach service were friendly, but some times hard to wave down since there were so many people at the beach.

Room tip: Go for the beach side rooms if you can afford it
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gop1972
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear gop1972,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to learn that the exemplary service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen exceeded your expectations! We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding the beach set-up, as it will certainly help us improve our guests' experience in the future.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another vacation in paradise!