Prior to booking this resort for our week stay in mid-October I read all of the rave reviews which were so accurate. We arrived at the resort and were assigned a nice updated room (128) on the ground floor which also had a garden and pool view. Sunshine Suites went out of their way by writing a hand written Happy Anniversary note and a complimentary run cake!
All of the resort personnel are so nice they always are cordial, greet you with a smile and seem to enjoy working at this property.
Our room was perfect, bed was very comfortable and the A/C was as cold as we desired! There is an ice machine centrally located which is something I was unsure of prior to arriving.
The morning continental breakfast is actually very good. Quality coffee, cold juice (fresh oj and always one other type) milk, varied fruit usually (always bananas and orange slices) sometimes fruit cocktail, varied yogurt, cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, varied bread and pastries. The restaurant is open for other full type breakfasts but we enjoyed the free continental that was offered daily.
The restaurant is outstanding! We are here much more than we thought we would but truly they have a great menu that we just kept exploring. Everything we ordered was so good we kept going back! The night before our check out we had the egg rolls for an appetizer and they were so good I had to place a pick-up order for my wife to eat for a lunch on the way to the airport!
The location is across the street from the Westin but its a short walk to the beach to enjoy the best beach resort in Grand Cayman. The only comparable property is the Ritz. The will shuttle you over there if you desire but it was such a short walk we passed on the shuttle.
Overall a great experience, we would not hesitate to stay here again!
Thanks Sunshine Suites!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Seven Mile Beach