This is my fou,rth trip to the Cayman Islands, having stayed at the Westin, Marriott, and the Comfort Inn. Although my favorite would be the Marriott (see previous review) I liked the Sunshine Suites because of the access to the Westin and Seven Mile beach. As part of the amenities package, you are able to use Westin facilities, which is a huge perk.
The Sunshine suites (includes a refrigerator, microwave, and utensils) are comfortable, but not luxurious. Its for families and budget minded travelers. You are a seven to ten minute walk across from the beach and are able to charge drinks and food from the Westin on your account. No cash needed, which is great (but be mindful of the tally of your bill at the end).
Right now, Sunshine suites has a deal with breakfast included, which saves money, as you know Cayman is quite pricey with 1 alcoholic beverage and meal totaling $40. The Sunshine Grill, in property is fantastic..they make a great mojito. But the food can be pricey with 2 fish tacos being 13.95 KYD (translates to approximately $16.00.)
I would recommend renting a car to drive around the island to have more food options than the Westin and the other restaurants across the street from the Westin. Cabs can be pricey since most tourists are charged the tourist vs the local rate.
Overall I would recommend Sunshine Suites and plan on coming back next year. Friendly front desk, easy breezy check in and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Seven Mile Beach