Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews washer and dryer new appliances grand cayman office staff hot tub ice maker rented a car ceiling fan plenty of chairs bedroom condo mile pool beach island dives marriott snorkel
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2019

No it is not on the beach. Walk to the beach it is a couple blocks away. The pool is beautiful but the hot tub jets were not working. I told the front desk for two days. On the third day I found a maintenance man and he said there was a broken pipe and it took some time to fix but they had it working before the end of third day. The TV's in the bedrooms kept disconnecting fron the network and so they were basically non-functional. The bathroom drains were partially clogged. Air conditioner worked great and it was nice to come back to a cool room. The washer and dryer were really great. It was nice not to have a collection of dirty clothes to haul home. The staff were polite and helpful. Lastly, we were there for four days without any cleaning being done. No one changed the linen, gave us fresh towels, or took out the trash. So we had several bags of trash, dirty towels, and sheeting needing to be changed. Not a problem since we had a washer we washed the towels we had plus had extra beach towels. The day before we left a nice lady offered to clean but since it had been four days we just said, "We are OK." They had a dish set in the kitchen but no dish soap. It made me a little concerned about the cleanliness of the dishes. I used a bar of soap and ran it under water to get some soapy water to wash them. This is a beautiful resort with full kitchen and a lot of space for a very reasonable price. I would do it again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 10 September 2019

A family trip to the Cayman's to dive. This resort was hal a block from the beach and an easy walk to town. Nice pool and staff. The only down side was the beach was severely eroded in that area. There was great snorkeling though.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 5 September 2019

If you love 5 star hotels, 5 star service & amenities, and want everything to be perfect then do not book 7 Mile Beach Resort. If you want to enjoy Caymans, embrace island time, and truly immerse yourself in relaxation, then choose 7 Mile Beach Resort. I have been going to the Caymans for my 28 years. It is my second home.

7 Mile Beach is not a resort... it is a get-away from your life; it is a pause on your hard, tiring life. You get a 2 bedroom room that is perfectly flawed... a hallmark of the Caymans. Go to the grocery store (within walking distance) get some delicious food items of the grilling variety (hot dogs, burgers, fresh fish from the local market) and chill by the pool area enjoying home cooked meals.When you feel like it, walk 30 seconds to the beach and enjoy calm water and some minor snorkeling.
The pool area and is relaxing and probably one of the most valuable assets of the resort.By far the nicest pool in all of Cayman... sometimes you don't go to the beach for 1 or 2 days because you relax so hard in the pool area.

If you are a back-packer, explorer, or just want to relax and get-away from your hardships, then choose 7 Mile Beach. Don't expect a Ritz Carlton or a Marriott. Instead, enjoy 7 Mile Beach for its more basic but most important value; rest and relaxation Cayman style!

Room tip: Ground Floor Units: Less hassle with luggage and instance patio access to pool. 2nd and 3rd Floor: better view of pool
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank rjarrodp
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Cons: 7 Mile BEACH resort is NOT ON A BEACH! When I booked this property, I misled with the name of the resort and the photos. As I researched further and read other reviews, I realized it was NOT ON THE BEACH. I contacted the hotel about 45 days before check in, to cancel. They only offered a 50% refund. Since I cannot afford to pay for two hotels, I decided to stay. According to the website, the beach is a short walk on the side of the hotel. Well, when we arrived, we were told the water was too high and not accessible. We were now going to have to haul our stuff through another hotel, to get to the beach. This was a total LIE. It was obvious there was never beach access. There are concrete steps, covered with slippery algae, into a ROCKY area. NO SAND, NO BEACH, NO BEACH ACCESS. On top of this already disappointing beginning, the fan on the balcony did not work, the microwave did not work and the freezer had a leak, so there was not enough ice being made. PROS: The room is spacious and very clean. It is a little outdated, but nice enough. To compensate for the broken microwave, we received a counter top microwave the next day. The ceiling fan was replaced the next day. The washer/dryer is nice to have. The pool was very nice. Big and clean. There is a restaurant across the street and the Marriott has 3 restaurants, just two hotels down. This CONDO, not resort, would have received an average rating if not for the fact that I was LIED to.

Room tip: Ask for 1st floor if stairs are an issue. Check that everything works!
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank amv924
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Alright, so I just want to set everyone straight with my review, because my husband and I were a little bit deceived based on the hotel's description and based on fellow reviewers.

First, I'll start out with the positive aspects. We absolutely loved the unit. It was my husband and my in-laws, and we got a 2 bedroom unit with a deck. It appeared to be newly renovated, and it was very spacious...let me repeat: very spacious. When you're staying with your in-laws, this is of utmost importance for your sanity (and theirs). There was a washer/dryer, microwave, oven, hair dryer, iron, stove top, all necessary dishware/cookware and 2 full bathrooms. The AC was amazing and kept us feeling nice and chilly throughout the night. The pool and hot tub were decent, and there aren't too many units in the complex, so the noise wasn't abominable.

On the downside, from the pics and complex's descriptors, you get the impression that its beach front property. It isn't. There is a building in front of this complex, so you can't even see the ocean. Also, the "beach" in front of the building I front of this complex is pretty non-existent. To access the beach, you have to walk through the Comfort Suites and enter through their walkway. There are no beach chairs (that we found) that are affiliated with this beach. We ended up snagging chairs from the Marriott and other nearby resorts.

So, if you are set on staying at a beach front resort, this is not it. I will say though, that the facility is very nice and we were very happy with our accommodations. We were a little disappointed because we had been hoping for beach access, with beach chairs, but this was not the case. If you don't necessarily care about beach access, then this is def the place to go.

Tip: do not shop at Kirk's Market for groceries unless you have a total disregard for money. It is ridiculously overpriced. If you want to get a lot of groceries for the week, go to the IGA. It is a ways away, and you'll need a car, but the prices are about 1/3 of the cost.

Date of stay: June 2019