All reviewstime sharewasher and dryertimeshare exchangefull kitchenacross the streetliving roompool areagrand caymanscreened in porchchairs and umbrellascoconut joeshot tubhurricane ivanshort pathice makercamana bayrum punch
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This resort does not have a beach at all! I hear it had one in the past and they predict it will come back, but at the end of the path you have rocks to climb down and rocks in the water. I have stayed at seven mile beach much further up from this resort and there is a much better beach and no rocks in water entry! This resort is not on the beach there is actually another place in front of it so there is no ocean view as many have mentioned. As for the construction...I saw very few workers each day and will say I believe it will take 10 years to complete at the rate the work is being done. In defense of the workers it is always over 85 day and night so just walking a short distance will make you sweat much less work in this heat!
We stayed on the second floor facing the parking lot and road. The unit was better than some places we stayed like sunshine suites, but we could not get the TV's to work all the time. Others at the resort mentioned the same issue. Out of the 3 TV's only 1 may work then you leave and come back and turn it on and it doesn't work. It was very spotty on every TV in the place the entire stay. This place must allow local children to come on Saturdays after 4pm and use the pool. I counted about 7 kids waiting outside the office door in swimsuits and by the time we got back from the grocery van run they were all in the pool until almost night time. Screaming and having a great time, but not the welcome I expected right outside our patio first day.
I had "something" on the bed sheets. The cleaning lady came and said it was make up...I didn't care to figure out what it was just wanted the sheets changed which was done promptly. Activities where sparse but they do the best they can. They have back to back nights of rum punch that had the worst taste I ever tasted, but others seemed to enjoy. I was told after a couple of cups it starts to taste great. I didn't make it that far.
For a time share exchange it is the cheapest place you will ever find on grand cayman so you really can't complain! You will have to pay 2 one time fees as soon as you get there $70 for taxes and $75 for a government fee. Grounds are not pretty, pool is nice and cool with waterfalls which was nice. I would not recommend elderly staying on the upper floors. I would stay again only if I could get a time share exchange (not getaway) if I had to pay a higher rate I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can handle stairs any room will do
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JudyinNC
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Stayed here for a week in the middle of October 2017. We had a room on the east building (right by the parking lot) on the 2nd floor. Condo was overall very nice. Kitchen decently stocked, nice appliances and couch was comfy. Enough room for us and the other couple that we stayed with without getting in each others way to much. One thing I did not like was the beds - they were very hard and uncomfortable as well as the pillows.

The grounds seemed very well taken care of. The pool was beautiful and warm and the hot tub was very hot! They had 2 propane grills available for use and a nice shaded awning by the pool to sit under.

While we did not attend them they did have several activities planned throughout the week that would be great for family's with kids.

You can get to the beach via a very short walk down a sidewalk and there are several dining options withing walking distance.

Side note - Hurricane Nate washed away the beach in front of the resort area on October 8th. Was still gone when we were there Oct. 16-19th. We walked north on the beach and ran into several other areas where the beach was washed away and had to walk on a concrete ledge to continue going forward.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank compressedairjunkie
Reviewed 11 October 2017

WE stayed here for 8 days/7 nights. The apartment was nicely setup and well supplied. The locations is excellent for doing activities and eating out. There is significant construction going on and that is a definite negative. The morning zumba class is also annoying as are the guys with the leaf blowers showing up before 9 AM. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Angelica was especially patient and helpful with our questions and requests. The washer is our unit was nonfunctional and it is apparent more attention needs to be paid to maintenance. Overall a good place at a pretty good price compared to other rentals in the area. The Monday night buffet is fun and a decent value.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldenEagle56
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We are just getting back from our week vacation at the Grand Caymans. The 7 Mile Beach Resort, though clean was definitely dated. Definitely did not compare to our 5 start time share in Maui. They were in the process of adding an addition. Suite was clean but half of the lights had burnt out. The screen on the patio was ripped in numerous places letting in the mosquitos. The staff were nice and very accommodating. The location is good. We were not impressed with the beach as there were many rocks in the water making it dangerous. Beach is very narrow. Would we go back to Grand Cayman's? No. Would we reconmend the 7 Mile Beach resort? Yes.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank dlouisehanson55
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This excellently placed facility is very well maintained with many amenities. The staff go out of their way in order to ensure your stay is trouble free and they have great empathy with the guests. The beach is 100 yards from the site and offers stunning sunsets along with the flat warm crystal waters.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool area and are air conditioned
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family