5,956 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefcotton candygelatored sailresort feeall you can eatacross the streetan umbrella
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We attended the 38th Annual Caribbean association of Pharmacist conference and experienced so many issues.

I always like to start with the good. It has a lovely location on the beach stretch. The staff working on the conconference were really helpful and provided excellent service.

The rooms were smelly and caused so many of us to come down with allergies. The bathrooms were also not adequately cleaned. The food was repetitive and sometimes boring. So many incidents were being reported by the participants including one participant being asked to pay US 500.00.
Summary: Worst Marriot experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tinaw279
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Tinaw279, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words about our lovely location, helpful staff and excellent customer service.

However, I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I apologise that we did not exceed your expectations. I welcome you to contact Sandra Castillo Del Busto, Front of House Manager, if you want to discuss your stay with us in more detail. You can email her on Sandra.CastilloDelBusto@marriotthotels.com or call her on (345) 949-0088.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I already wrote one glowing review after our first stay here. We came back with our adult children and had an equally fantastic experience. I'm not going to go into as much detail except to say what I said before continues to hold true.

Since my first trip here my wife and I went to a Four Season resort in Costa Rica and it was great. I have two observations. 1) This Marriott's service was every bit as good as the service we received at the Four Seasons. 2) The food and beverage quality and selection at Marriott are superior.

One other note for coffee lovers. They have their own bean blend and its delicious. I had coffee, cappuccino and an espresso martini and each time said to myself how much I enjoy the aroma and taste of their coffee.

Room Tip: The only reason I don't call this luxury are the rooms. Standard Marriott rooms. The only difference will be the view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank marctgoldstein

Dear marctgoldstein, thanks for your glowing review. We appreciate your kind comments about our exceptional service and superior food and beverage offering. As you mentioned, at Anchor & Den we love coffee so much that we created our own exclusive blend, in collaboration with a locally-based distributor, Paradise Coffee. We are delighted you loved it!

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

The Marriott is great place to stay for relaxation, food and water sports. We are a family of 4 with two grown children and all loved the stay. The hotel is very nice but not overly ostentatious with a cozy beach club feel.

The staff are all very nice and friendly - while you sun yourself on a beach lounger, Neil and David remember your name, your favorite drink and look after you all day. Damian makes sure your umbrella is always in the right spot as the sun moves overhead. Anna and Shiva are super friendly and attentive when you dine at the beachside restaurant. The food is very good at the hotel although not cheap and the cost racks up, for four, over the week but no complaints.
Our week culminated with the Lobster Dinner evening (which was delicious) by the beach, watching the amazing sunset and then listening to the amazingly talented musicians play live music while a lightening storm flashed over the sea - a great memory of a really nice stay. We went scuba diving throughout the week with Red Sail Sports - again, the service was amazing and made it very easy for us, as beginner divers, to get our PADI certification and go on amazing dives off the coastline.
The Island is a little strange in that there isn't a real, attractive town center where everyone goes for nightlife and restaurants = George Town is the port town center but is very uninspiring and closes early each evening - there is Camana Bay, which is a short walk from the Marriott, that is attractive to walk around and has some very nice restaurants but is a fairly small/quite area. Otherwise you are restricted to the hotels and then a few restaurants/bars on the main Seven Mile Beach Road.

Room Tip: Yu can request an additional cot/blow-up bed for one of the family if needed
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Richard C

Dear Richard C, thanks for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our nice hotel, friendly staff, good food and convenient location.

As you mentioned, our Beach House is ideally located on Seven Mile Beach with its proximity to Camana Bay and Georgetown as well as numerous restaurants, bars and shopping centers being a stone’s throw away. Did you have the chance to take advantage of our complimentary Linus bike rentals, included in the Resort Fee? They are a fantastic way to explore the island like a local.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I just stayed with a friend two weeks at the Marriott. It was wonderful. The rooms were big, very clean and quiet, excellent food and the staff couldn’t be nicer and helpful. This hotel has an atmosphere of a small boutique hotel, and I can’t wait to go back. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear solangel377, thanks for your review. We appreciate your generous comments about our big quiet rooms, excellent food and nice staff.

We want our resort to be a home away from home for our guests, with a residential and cozy atmosphere so I am glad to hear that you got this impression during your stay with us. Our aim is to provide our guests with the ultimate Beach House experience by evoking the happy nostalgia of summers gone by.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I can’t stop talking about our WONDERFUL vacation at The Beach House. We loved everything about our stay. The facility, the beach, the amenities, the food... It was all top notch. The STAFF, however, are beyond compare! They are the most gracious, considerate, fun loving, friendly, attentive, competent people you will EVER meet. In the 9 days we spent at the Marriott GC Beach House, we developed relationships that will stay in our hearts for a lifetime.
Natasha (recreation)
Ian (Anchor & Den)
Nass (recreation)
Evelyn (housekeeping)
Abigail (Anchor & Den)
Bibek (Anchor & Den)
...for your smiles, attention, laughter, service & for making us feel like we were the only guests in your care.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen760

Dear Kathleen760, thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful vacation at our Beach House! We appreciate your kind comments about our nice facilities, top notch food and gracious staff. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to everyone that you mentioned in your feedback.

I think we have the best staff in Cayman – they are the most professional, friendliest and kindest people. We invest around 80 hours of one-to-one training on each of our employees every year so I am so glad that all their hard work is being recognised.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regard,