5,954 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefcotton candygelatored sailresort feeall you can eatacross the streetan umbrella
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We stay here when we come to GC. A bit too family friendly for my spouse.

Smallish pool that has no shade after 3 pm.

Servers are plentiful at the beach and pool and they bring around complimentary ice water and fruit throughout the day. Plenty of staff to set up and move your umbrellas at the beach.

Rooms could use a bit more storage. Money was spent renovating the public areas but not much they can do on the property. This was originally a Ramada. The Westin, Ritz, and Kimpton are much newer and have larger properties and more beach, bigger pools, etc.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BillL64
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear BillL64, thanks for your review. We appreciate your generous comments about our good beach and plentiful amenities.

We know that finding the idyllic spot by the sea to unwind is a major part of the ultimate Beach House experience. As you mentioned, our Beach Butlers are more than happy to help make sure our guests are comfortable and relaxed. They offer suntan and aloe vera lotions, cold facial spritzers, coconut oil and they will even make sure that your sunglasses are sand and streak-free!

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Yet another great stay at the Marriott Grand Cayman! The family and I made a second trip to Grand Cayman for Spring Break. This is fast becoming an expected favorite of the kids. The kids are ages 8-10 years old. This time around a booked well in advance, and used the combo of Marriott points and cash which substantially reduced the room rate. This made the usual rate of $700+ bearable on the budget. And this time around the hotel was full, so we did not get a premium upgrade to a beach side room. We did get a larger room with a courtyard/garden view.

Check in was easy, luggage handled before we could get near the front door and the room was clean and ready for out 6 days of Cayman fun. We received the standard packages that included coupons for free Gelato, and discounts for on property dining. The Gelato is ALWAYS well loved by the kids and adults!

As stated, we had 6 days of ‘beach time’ while at the Marriott. This gave us a long time to enjoy the facilities. Sadly, we did not get to take advantage of much of the items covered under the Resort Fee. This was not the hotels fault but rather the kids not wanting to venture out on a kayak or paddle board or sail boat. The kids did find great enjoyment in the Kids Club on the last two days of our trip. They were very excited to have a water ballon fight, or paint rocks or build a Cayman Sand memory. The Kid’s club was run very well and every effort was taken on the security aspect.

Almost our entire trip was spent at the Marriott, on the beach or in the room. We did not take advantage of the restaurants in house or the special events, save the Platinum receptions, which I personally enjoyed. They were well done. The beach is very well maintained, and the folks taking care of both the beach, and the guests do an excellent job! We had Neil again as our server beach side. Fresh cold ice water, pineapple slices, and lunch were all handled in a timely manner with all orders received as requested. Every day around 9:30am the ‘sand drill’ brigade begins. This is a set of folks that walk around with a cordless drill and a long bit, drilling holes in the sand so they can place an umbrella for you, making a small shelter from the hot sun. After 6 days, it nearly allowed me to set my watch to it.

The highlight for me is always the near carefree nature in which my kids can run, play, swim and just enjoy themselves without me having to stay too guarded. The oldest enjoys snorkeling while the youngest likes to swim with her mask and watch/chase fish. This comfort allows me as a parent to relax, snorkel and just enjoy. Kudos to the hotel for keeping the area clean and safe.

Our days started around 6am when I had to head down to the beach and ‘mark a place’ for our daily outing. Its not something I like to do but having the younger kids, its great to be in the first row near the water to keep an occasional eye on the kids. But it comes at the cost of getting up early. The funny thing is even at 6am many of the front row seats were already taken.

The real benefit of getting up so early is the peaceful lapping of the warm ocean water against the pristine white sands. So relaxing!

Generally we hit the beach about 8:30am and stayed til 3pm. Lunch ordered beach side or we brought left overs from the last nights dinner. Tip: Snacks. We brought a bunch of snacks with us to Cayman. This saved big $$ and allowed the flexibility for the kids to eat when they wanted. I had a daily ritual of snorkeling in the morning. The reef pots set up at the Marriott are great for seeing fish. Daily I had a meeting with a porcupine fish and even met her husband. I got to see a spotted eagle ray as well as barracuda, tons of other reef fish too numerous to name and several massive brain corals were also seen just down the beach from the Marriott. And a peacock flounder that was in the beach area of the Marriott. That was quite a surprise. I found some treasure as well: a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses in about 5ft of water.

The beauty of the Marriott location on the street side vs. the beach side is the large number of restaurants that are within walking distance. Plus the convenience store for snacks, desserts and such. We walked to breakfast and dinner daily. It was easy to get across the street, safe and clean. Of course, USD is taken at all places but expect Cayman $ back in change. The USD is 20% below Cayman. A $10 USD is $8 in Cayman. And a Service Charge of 15% is added to restaurant bills.

Finally the day came to check out. And I have to say it was about time. Remember when I stated the kids really enjoyed the Kids Club, that came on the last days of our trip, and frankly after 6 days of ‘going to the beach’ I was done. Not burnt mind you, but certainly well rested and ready for something else. The Marriott staff did their job right on! Our room was always well cleaned and made up, the staff at the beach plentiful even at such a busy time and attentive and check out was smooth. I did have an issue with the bill showing 2 Resort Fees but this was quickly fixed, apparently due to computer error. It was with this, we bid Adieu to the Marriott for yet another year and headed home. Interestingly enough, the kids were already talking about next year. I guess they will need to get jobs to pay for it. LOL!!

Tips:
1. Get up early for the front row at the beach. But do not wait til 10am for a chair during busy season, they are all gone.
2. Gelato. Make it a point to have some, lots in fact. The Chocolate was so rich and creamy. It was the best dessert we had, and we had a ton of desserts.
3. USD vs. Cayman: USD is 20% less. This is locked in from what I can tell.
4. Service Charge of 15% Cayman is added to every food bill. Take note.
5. Take snacks with you to Cayman. Save some cash and add some flexibility.
6. Eat out. Now I love the Marriott, but when 1 adult meal is $25-50, its hard to feed a family with different tastes.
7. Take advantage of the Resort Fee. This is the one thing we did not do.
8. Kids Club. If you have kids, definitely get them involved. It will break up their day and add to their experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank greggah

Dear greggah, thank you for leaving such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty!

I am delighted to hear that your children had the chance to check out our Kids Club. I agree, Kathryn and her team do a fantastic time entertaining our junior guests. At our resort, we offer our families something different rather than having a Kids Club where children just end up watching movies and playing video games. We thought about all the activities that we used to enjoy from our childhood and chose things that families could do together such as spending time around a bonfire and making S’mores and stargazing on the beach. Our aim was to make it less about technology and more about re-connection.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd trip to the Grand Caymans. This time we brought our kids. The hotel is beautiful and very well maintained. Rooms were spotless and beds very comfortable. Food in the hotel was very expensive so we ate most meals around the island. Outside pool area was somewhat small but the Awesome employees made you forget such picky things. The staff really did help make our trip. The only thing we were really disappointed in was the beach, or lack there of. But to be fair, the island had a Monsoon 2 days before we arrived. We Will be back again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kschaa
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear kschaa, thanks for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your kind words about our beautiful and well-maintained hotel, spotless rooms and awesome staff.

I hope you had the chance to enjoy our Turtle Lagoon. It is one of my favorite spots at our Beach House! It is such a tranquil place to unwind and decompress. Our guests always tell us how much they enjoy curling up with a good book and relaxing on our distinctive outdoor furniture.

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We did not stay here, but we had lunch, drinks and ice cream here multiple days. The staff was absolutely amazing! Esther, Michele and Leonard took such good care of us. They were very accommodating to our requests which included moving tables together, moving us to the shade, moving us out of the rain, and etc. They were patient with our kids. We all thought the food was very good. They even had decent gluten free bread for sandwiches (like turkey club and Cuban). The salads were really good. And the piña coladas and mudslides were superb. The gelato was pricey, but delicious.

I appreciate that the Marriott has taken up using paper straws, but they still use a large volume of disposable plastic cups which is why I took off one star. They had some reusable plastic cups, but I think that they could do better. I cannot imagine the number of disposable plastic cups they go through in a day. And when we were out snorkeling, we often saw these floating in the ocean which made me so sad. Marriott, you’re big enough to use reusable plastic cups and set a standard for the island against pollutiing this amazing island and the waters surrounding it. I am not sure if you recycle or not, but let’s be honest, not creating the waste inthe first place is the way to go.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NV088

Dear natashavissering, thank you for your generous feedback. We are grateful for your kind comments about our awesome staff, gorgeous facilities and delicious food.

We believe that our Beach House is such a beautiful and versatile space where people can reconnect with loved ones, sit and relax with a good book as well as choose from a number of delicious culinary options designed for every palate. We hope that you were able to spend time in our intimate cabanas at Anchor & Den – they are such a fun place to sit and people-watch over some fantastic food and cocktails.

Thanks for choosing Marriott we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Returning to the Marriott, we have booked an ocean front room, compare our room to last years room was a disappointment.
The balcony hardly have room for 2 people to sit. Sliding door had a gap, room had a very very bad odor, carpet not vacuumed, mold on lamp shades, pull out couch stained all over, one bath rope for 3 people. We have tried to move a room since as a platinum member it is supposed to be one of the perks, but the room that they have offered was in worst shape. My husband developed a very bad cough to the mold, had to visit ER and was given medication. They did come and cleaned the AC unit, but it didn't improve the smell.
Housekeeping stuff has too many rooms to clean and very limited time for each, they can not be expected to do a superb job between room changes.
Beach: Well, people are like herrings next to each others, too many chairs too little beach. The artificial reef is cute, but too close to the shallows and makes it hard to go for a good swim. Nass is amazing to help yo set up chairs and has a good knowledge of local places, always smiling. Treasure to have him there.
Nelson by the front door and others too, always have a smile on and very helpful about places too. Greats you by your name. Very friendly and professional.
Front desk: Well, upon check in, one is supposed to receive a snorkel guide among other things that took me 2 days to track down. Also they would offer some coupons that was hard to get hold of too.
When we checked the bill that was under the door, I've noticed that they have double charged for 3 nights, went down and had it corrected. Upon check out few hours later different stuff, I've asked her how is that possible and all I got is a shoulder shrug with the comment that it is what it is. Therefore I've asked for the manager who has explained that they alway check the bill with the guest before charging the CC, well, that didn't happen at all. She just handed me a bill to sign, when I asked what happened with checking charges with guest, she has informed me that I've already did that therefore all I have to do is sign. Very disappointing that they did not think it's a big deal if they overcharge by $2000.
There isn't much recognition for platinum elite members at all!
I think next time we will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to get a clean room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank btorma

Dear btorma, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I apologise that we did not exceed your expectations. I welcome you to contact Sandra Castillo Del Busto, Front of House Manager, if you want to discuss your stay with us in more detail. You can email her on Sandra.CastilloDelBusto@marriotthotels.com or call her on (345) 949-0088.