Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,285 results
All reviews wine hour social hour grand cayman beach restaurant main restaurant the ritz turn down service bottle of champagne paddle boards ocean view tacos amazing property pool staff pool bar cayman islands every staff member four seasons
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Everyone we encountered was so nice and courteous- every single encounter was awesome. I cannot sat enough nice things about the staff. It was genuinely awesome and refreshing to stay in a resort/ hotel with such a great staff. We ate at Cocolobo and had brunch at Ave. Brunch was wonderful! Can't wait to stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 985tashas
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Tasha,
Happy Anniversary one more time! we can't wait to have you here again as well, many more celebrations to come.
Paradise and your Seafire family will be waiting here for you.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Seafire 2 weeks ago and already booked our next trip back!! The service is unbelievable at this resort. My husband and I stay at a lot of 5 star properties around the world and there are very few resorts that offer the personal service you obtain at the Seafire. From the moment we stepped in to the moment we left, we were treated like family returning home to visit. Even Kopi, our golden retriever, felt at home.

The bungalows are gorgeous and spacious. There is a small kitchenette in the bungalows which allows you to cook if you want. There is a backyard and patio that you can drive any wetsuits or dive equipment and when you travel with a dog, it is especially convenient because you can walk directly out of the bungalow to grass.

Really can't way enough about the service. Arpi at Cocoloba would always walk by and check on us. He even had a bag of bacon made for Kopi at the restaurant. Vernon and Ollie at the beach/pool are awesome and really run a great staff. Always checking on us and making sure I was able to carry all our beach/pool toys. Juri, Shamus, Meg, Amit, Ida, Steve.. the list goes on and I know I am forgetting people!!

Can't wait to be back in December!!!

Room tip: All the rooms are nice but the bungalows are AMAZING!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachelle L

Dear Rachelle,
You are like family to us, but you already know this :). Everyone is looking forward to your next visit as well as our fury buddy, Kopi.
Thank you for the shout outs to the amazing people we work with, we will definitely pass the message along!

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I don't know were to start because so many things about this hotel are wonderful. Location is ideal - away from other hotels, so it's like being on your own beach, yet you are 10 mins from town; customer service is the best I've ever experienced at a hotel property from the housekeeping staff to management (everyone is friendly, nice, eager to help and they seem to genuinely like their jobs); the beach area is so clean and there is always someone around to get you set up on your chairs; the food at their Ave restaurant is outstanding and the food at their beach restaurant is very flavorful. This is not a hotel that keeps you waiting. Check in is fast. If you want your car from the free valet parking, it will be there in a few minutes because people run to get it for you. During happy hour they offer free tasty wine with a little snack. The pool is a nice size and it's a good temp - not cold. They have free rafts and at the beach free use of non-motorized water craft like SUP. If you want to rent a wave runner, they are right at the beach.

Now for the property - it's very classy/modern, with everything being so clean and neat, and smelling nice. The room - no joke, it's the best room I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in some of the best hotels in the Caribbean. It was almost as large as my townhouse. The balcony was so crazy big - it was maybe the size of four typical sized balconies combined - not all balconies on the property are that big but that's what came with our one bedroom ocean facing suite. One place to stay away from is their main gift shop unless you want to spend a small fortune on a bathing suit, but near the beach, where you sign out water craft or snorkel gear is a little gift shop that is very reasonably priced. Extra Kudos to the hotel staff for doing great work, with shout outs to Claire at the front desk for her caring nature, thoughtfulness and finding us the most amazing room and Imran for his smile and energy and always being Jonnie-on-the-spot. I wish i could remember the name of the person who cleaned our room in the evenings - she was so thorough and thoughtful and always made our room look so nice. I almost forgot to mention the bathroom that was the size of a bedroom with a deep soaking tub and a shower for two - which was so unique and cool, we are going to try and replicate it in our home.

Room tip: If you can afford it, ask for the 1 bedroom suite w oversized balcony facing the pool on a higher floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brucehJ4176II

Dear Bruce,
We cant thank you enough! this is so great to read, truly makes our day brighter and we thank you for that!
We look forward to see you back soon! and we will definitely pass the kudos to Claire, Imrom and everyone here at Seafire!

Reviewed 30 June 2018

The hotel is beautiful and the size is perfect. Not to big and perfect location. I almost booked RITZ Carlton but decided Kimpton, glad I did. The food, the room, and staff did awesome job. HIGHLY recommend this resort in the caymans!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ron j

Hi there,
Thank you so much for choosing us! we can't wait to have you back soon for another amazing experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It would be a stretch to call this five-star luxury. The Kimpton delivers a four star plus experience. An agreeable lobby and generally quite good rooms contrast with a relatively small pool area and odd service.

The Good
1. Rooms are new and airy. Bed was good. Shower was good.
2. Some staff are extremely helpful and friendly namely doormen, front desk and at Ave. Laszlo at Ave breakfast was a delight.
3. Landscaping is thoughtful and very nice.
4. The air-conditioning does get cold if you turn it up.
5. The beachside restaurant has Caribbean charm. I enjoyed the tacos very much.

The Bad
1. I asked about a cabana by the pool which cost $399 a day and nobody could tell me the first thing about how to book one and which ones are available. I spoke to three people they promised to follow up with me, it never happened, that is dumbfounding. Apparently, only one person knows what’s going on, without that person the system falls apart.

2. I found the servers by the pool to be largely indifferent.

3. The bartender, an older gentleman, by the pool bar was as cold as ice and downright annoyed that I ordered a drink for 20 bucks. That is uncalled for. The drink he made was disgusting.

4. Housekeeping did not turn down our room on our first night, we checked in on time.

5. The pool area does not have adequate seating in my view and the pool itself is shallow and only suitable for wading.

6. The pool chairs are uncomfortable and umbrellas are small providing limited shade. We felt staff hurried you out as it approached 5:30pm.

7. We went snorkeling at a place recommended by the red sail sports people on site and my wife was bitten by a fish. When we returned they giggled as they said yes the fish bite because people feed them so the question is why didn’t they tell us that before????

8. The beach is not as nice here as other parts of 7 mile beach.

Whilst our stay was agreeable I cannot say that I felt five star refinement. The Ritz Carlton down the road delivers much more personalized service with attention to detail. This property is certainly reasonable choice but probably not the best choice in Grand Cayman.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi there,
We absolutely love to know that you enjoyed many things from Kimpton Seafire! We are also happy to receive your feedback, thank you for taking the time to list what went south during your stay; we apologize for having failed you this time, we will definitely look into every aspect and make sure we review each one of them meticulously in order to keep delivering the 5 stars experience we are known for.
We do, however, hope you come back to see us again and give us another chance to make it up to you!