Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,285 results
All reviews wine hour social hour grand cayman beach restaurant main restaurant the ritz turn down service bottle of champagne paddle boards ocean view tacos amazing property pool staff pool bar cayman islands every staff member four seasons
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2018

The hotel is beautiful and the size is perfect. Not to big and perfect location. I almost booked RITZ Carlton but decided Kimpton, glad I did. The food, the room, and staff did awesome job. HIGHLY recommend this resort in the caymans!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ron j
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi there,
Thank you so much for choosing us! we can't wait to have you back soon for another amazing experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It would be a stretch to call this five-star luxury. The Kimpton delivers a four star plus experience. An agreeable lobby and generally quite good rooms contrast with a relatively small pool area and odd service.

The Good
1. Rooms are new and airy. Bed was good. Shower was good.
2. Some staff are extremely helpful and friendly namely doormen, front desk and at Ave. Laszlo at Ave breakfast was a delight.
3. Landscaping is thoughtful and very nice.
4. The air-conditioning does get cold if you turn it up.
5. The beachside restaurant has Caribbean charm. I enjoyed the tacos very much.

The Bad
1. I asked about a cabana by the pool which cost $399 a day and nobody could tell me the first thing about how to book one and which ones are available. I spoke to three people they promised to follow up with me, it never happened, that is dumbfounding. Apparently, only one person knows what’s going on, without that person the system falls apart.

2. I found the servers by the pool to be largely indifferent.

3. The bartender, an older gentleman, by the pool bar was as cold as ice and downright annoyed that I ordered a drink for 20 bucks. That is uncalled for. The drink he made was disgusting.

4. Housekeeping did not turn down our room on our first night, we checked in on time.

5. The pool area does not have adequate seating in my view and the pool itself is shallow and only suitable for wading.

6. The pool chairs are uncomfortable and umbrellas are small providing limited shade. We felt staff hurried you out as it approached 5:30pm.

7. We went snorkeling at a place recommended by the red sail sports people on site and my wife was bitten by a fish. When we returned they giggled as they said yes the fish bite because people feed them so the question is why didn’t they tell us that before????

8. The beach is not as nice here as other parts of 7 mile beach.

Whilst our stay was agreeable I cannot say that I felt five star refinement. The Ritz Carlton down the road delivers much more personalized service with attention to detail. This property is certainly reasonable choice but probably not the best choice in Grand Cayman.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi there,
We absolutely love to know that you enjoyed many things from Kimpton Seafire! We are also happy to receive your feedback, thank you for taking the time to list what went south during your stay; we apologize for having failed you this time, we will definitely look into every aspect and make sure we review each one of them meticulously in order to keep delivering the 5 stars experience we are known for.
We do, however, hope you come back to see us again and give us another chance to make it up to you!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband and I just returned from a week at Seafire. We are dying to go back. We were greeted by Kylie and I have to say GIVE THE GIRL A RAISE! We were blown away by her warm welcome and above and beyond attitude. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet. She gave us a tour of the property and dropped us off at Cocoloba for lunch. When our room was ready and we came back to the front desk, I tried to give her a tip and she refused, saying she only takes hugs! She made sure our room was ready ASAP and had anniversary goodies delivered as a surprise. Kylie, thank you for making us feel so special! Arpi at Cocoloba was another impressive staff member. My husband was asking him about recommendations for restaurants and wondered if it was worth a trip to Georgetown to go to the brewery. 5 minutes later, Arpi brought a taster of every local beer they had! The hotel itself is nice and clean. We enjoyed the morning coffee and evening social hour, as well as the included water activities. We tried paddle board yoga and I highly recommend it! I wish we had signed up for more than one day. It was also fun to borrow bikes and drive around the island. I can say with confidence this is the best resort on the island. It's in the perfect location - at the end of the strip of resorts so it feels less crowded and more secluded. We went to the Westin one afternoon for lunch while waiting for a submarine tour and the service was awful and quality of food was sub-par at extortion prices. Can't wait to visit Seafire again!

Room tip: Get an ocean view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steeeevieP

HI there,
Wow thank you a million for your review. We are so happy to have Kylie and Arpi in our family! It is amazing to know you had incredible vacation and you can't wait to visit us again. We will be waiting right here for you with arms wide open.
See you soon for more!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We just returned from celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary at Kimpton Seafire on Grand Cayman. It is a gem of a resort! It is a beautiful property with a wonderful staff. Their customer service is outstanding! I corresponded with Migle via e-mail prior to our arrival. She was a great help in booking reservations for dining and other excursions. Upon arrival, we were greeted so warmly by bell services and the front desk. We received a complimentary upgrade from Kylie. Our room was absolutely amazing and had a spectacular ocean front view. Champagne and macaroons were in our room upon arrival with a note about our anniversary. This was a wonderful way to start our anniversary trip! Megan gave a gracious tour and helped us later by making additional dining reservations. The pool and beach service was second to none! Robert and Mo were wonderful. I was talking to Robert as he was setting up our beach service on the day of our anniversary, that Grand Cayman was where we honeymooned and that we were just now returning to celebrate 20 years together. When we returned to our room later that day, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting on us with a sweet card from "the beach and pool crew." We lost our daughters rash guard on the beach one day but Mo and Robert were gracious enough to find it for us! We booked the North Sound Eco Safari trip (via Migle prior to arrival) and it was absolutely wonderful! Matt with Red Sail Sports was fantastic! This excursion was for Kimpton Seafire resort guests only. We visited Stingray City, snorkeled at a reef off of Rum Point, visited Starfish Point and took a tour of the mangroves. Matt was very knowledgeable and just a great overall guide! Kashira with CPS took wonderful photographs to document our excursion! Would highly recommend booking the Eco Safari. We were able to interact with Calvin with bell services (and others but unfortunately I cannot recall their names) on multiple occasions. He was so friendly and helpful,
as were the others! We did not rent a car so we primarily used taxi services for transportation, which bell services took care of. One night, a taxi was not quickly available, and we were taken to our dinner reservation in the house car which we greatly appreciated. Overall this was a wonderful trip! Grand Cayman is beautiful and I'm sure we would have had a great time even if we would have stayed elsewhere, however, I am so happy that we found Kimpton Seafire and chose to stay there. I cannot express in words how special they made our trip and we will definitely return there! Hopefully sooner rather than later! If you're looking for a beautiful resort on Grand Cayman with excellent attention to detail and the most wonderful customer service that you can imagine, then definitely check out Kimpton Seafire Resort and Spa!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank apwarren2018
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi there,
Happy 20th Anniversary! a million thanks for the 5 stars! we absolutely love to know that you had an outstanding stay and we can not wait to have you back here with us for more celebrations! We will let Migle, Kylie, Megan, Robert, Mo, Matt, Calvin, and all the Seafire Crew the big shout out.
See you soon back in Paradise!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t speak highly enough of the rooms, the staff, the view, the restaurants, the spa, the amenities and our treatment there.

We didn’t want to leave.

Special shout out to the incredible concierge and bell staff too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank themightyjimbo
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi there,
Thank you a million for the 5 Stars!! Furthermore, we are absolutely happy to know that you had an amazing stay with us.
We will pass the shout out to the teams.