“world class”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough about Yoshi Sushi. I travel extensively, and sushi is one of my favorite foods to try in my travels. This place is right up there with my favorite Sushi restaurant in Seattle, and the sushi I have had in Japan.
I love to pick the brains of servers, and in this case it paid of big time. Our Server, Jardel, recommended two rolls , an Amazing Vegas, and a Battleship. Both had excellent heat, which complemented the fish, but the star was really the battleship. This included a california roll partnered with four pieces of nigiri wrapped in cucumber slices. The nigri was hands down the best I have ever had, fresh, and melt in the mouth, and the cucumber enhanced the flavors... I would return again just to have that.

The atmosphere is not a typical sushi house. It consisted of zen like decor with some tatami seating as well as regular tables. The wine and beverage list was extensive, and had some very nice looking sakis to complement the food.

Jardel really personalized the experience. He took his time with patrons, and made them feel they were the only people of import in the room. His suggestions were right on point, and he was enthusiastic about his job, the food, and his guests. One of the finest servers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting !

Cost $$$ but you get what you pay for. In this case it was all WELL WORTH it. Don't miss this place if you visit grand Cayman!

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

We didn't make a reservation and thankfully we arrived early so they fit us in. I would absolutely make a reservation if going back because it gets busy! They offer dine in or take away. Sushi was excellent!! Prices were good especially since grand cayman isn't the cheapest place! They have happy hour specials on drinks which makes it even more affordable. Located right in 7 mile beach near the Westin. It's a nice place but you can dress up or casual. Wouldn't go in beach attire. We will go back for sure next visit!!!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We ate here twice during our stay. The sushi was fresh each time. The Mt. Fuji roll was my favorite. The miso was wonderful. For dessert we had the waffle with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. I really enjoyed it. We didn't have reservations on either night we went but were able to be seated promptly although it was busy. We sat at the bar the first time and it was still a nice experience.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

A lovely sushi place on the Seven Mile Beach road in the falls, conveniently sandwiched between the Westin and Sunshine Suites. Very appealing visually, consistently good food and very friendly, knowledgeable staff. The wine list is great as well. Chose a bottle of Cloudy Bay, which goes so well with sushi. I’d have given them five stars were it not for a wakame salad that was so fishy last night we couldn’t eat it, which of course affected how both dinner and wine tasted.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

I like Yoshi and the staff are wonderful. I do think when it is busy that the wait can be a bit too long. For people who like big rolls and big bites of sushi it is great. I like little pieces and more Japanese style rolls and they always try to accommodate.