“Lunch Mid week lunch ”

Kazoku Japanese Bistro
Ranked #233 of 340 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Description: Kazoku Japanese Bistro has a cozy dining room in an elegant setting, comfortable furnishings and decor with soothing warm tones. The softly lit bar allows you to not only dine-in but partake in our happy hour specials, while the sushi station invites you to enjoy watching your meal being prepared for you. You can also place your order at the teppanyaki station and watch the Chef prepare your meal
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was at Kazouku with two of my daughters. We ordered Dumplings, edamame, and Tokyo rolls as a starter. Sushi mains.

My daughter who is 6, only eats the dumplings at such restaurants, unfortunately it was the only day they didn’t have any. The server saw my daughters disappointment and offered some noodles free of charge, which was great customer service. She still didn’t eat them unfortunately.

I like hot sake, however I am not sure if it was asked for before as it took a while to clarify that could serve their sake selection hot and when they figured they could it took a further 20mins for me to get it.

The Tokyo rolls we ok, the sushi we felt lack flavor, the presentation was great and we hoped the flavor matched it so maybe we set our expectations a little too high.

For two appetizers, three sushi rolls, two soft drinks and one bottle of sake our bill was around US$100.

I don’t think we will go back I didn’t feel the price reflected the flavor for value. There are many other sushi restaurants in Cayman that are really good at making sushi. Unfortunately Kazoku was not memorable enough for me to want to go back.

We did however appreciate the server being concerned about my daughter not having anything to eat. We did end up going to the store for a salad for her after we left !

Would suggest kid friendly menu options.

Kazoku Japanese B, Manager at Kazoku Japanese Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Sorry to hear that. We make sure that will take your feedback for us to improve more. Thank you. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I kept hearing the commercials in the morning on the radio & have been wanting to try this place. So busy at my desk so taking an hour lunch isn't in the books. Ordered for pick up.
CONCH CEVEICHE
TUNA ROLL
TERIYAKI CHICKEN (to take home for supper)
The conch is aaaaaaaaaamazing.
Tuna roll was so fresh, just really tasty & not the dark seaweed it's a nice light green (picture)
I would say get your BUTT to this place.
Can't wait to dine in!
Thanks guys!

Great! Thank you so much for a positive feedback. We will be happy to serve you again and to taste our new delectable foods in the menu.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Delicious for lunch and very fast! A unique Asian fusion menu that will satisfy all! The hibachi grill is fantastic for dinner where you can be entertained while you dine and enjoy the fabulous drinks.

Great! Thank you for a positive review for our newly opened restaurant. Will be happy to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had lunch with a former colleague and decided to try this new restaurant. Lovely decor and convenient location just outside of GT.

Service was attentive. The food was average, with the fish tacos not very tasty. The starter provided was a tad oily. The Main made up for it slightly. Also there was no gluten free soy sauce for my friend who required it and thus couldn’t order the sushi. Prices were reasonable and the food didn’t take long.

Overall an average experience.

Thank you for a positive review don't worry will work on to improve more to served all you better. Hope to see you dine in again.;)

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went with a couple of friends for lunch. . It's small but surprisingly really nice inside and clean!! Had 2 appetizers both of which were great. The miso soup was delicious and enough for 2 people to share. Had 2 rolls, one spicy tuna and the other a cooked roll. The spicy tuna was packed with tuna and was perfectly spiced. The cooked roll was also delicious. Very comparable to Yoshi quality but the service was lacking a bit. It was only open a month so you can't possibly blame the staff as it takes time and patience to work out the glitches. The menu isn't as big as other Japanese menus on island but hey, why pay $20 for a roll at Mizu when you get just as good a roll here and for half the price! Would definitely recommend! Good quality, good value, clean place! I am sure they will work out the kinks soon!

Thank you for a positive review. Hope to see you dine in again ;)