All reviews tarpon feeding bitter end happy hour is gun creek free ice lobster tacos lovely room second week breathtaking views day trip lance lara bvi boat kite dinghy chartering
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this little resort restaurant! You can get delicious food and happy hour is unbeatable as you get to enjoy the daily Tarpon feeding and 5.00 drinks! I'm a vegetarian and their homemade black bean burger was to die for!! I hope to return and spend a few nights! I can only imagine how extraordinary staying there would be... magical incredibly breathtaking views.. don't miss the chance for a day trip to Saba or better yet spend a few days!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marjie C
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was our fourth stay at Saba Rock. We live in the BVI and it is a great place for a short break. We have stayed in a different type of room each time. Having booked at the last moment - Lara arranged for us to be collected by Ivan at the ferry terminal in Virgin Gorda and taken to the Saba Rock ferry which was waiting for us at Gun Creek to take us across to Saba Rock.

We were gracefully checked in to a lovely room which was perfect for us on this occasion. We went down to the restaurant where Lance found a very nice table for us. We had a lovely lobster dinner and were extremely well looked after by the staff.

Breakfast is always fresh and just what we were looking forward to. We spent the morning on the beach and were kindly given a slightly late check out. We also had lunch there as our dinner was so nice and more of our family joined us. The lobster tacos, chicken skewers and Barbados burger were our favourites!

We are already planning to go back!

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are lovely and very spacious with beautiful views and balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Very poor service, in fact the waitress was rolling her eyes at my dad standing in her way. The barmaid refused to continue our tab for dinner because she wanted her own tip for serving us 1 drink. Forgot our booking even though we radioed in that afternoon. We had dinner - calamari was poor, seafood spaghetti was disgusting in fact made me feel unwell, must use frozen fish. Only highlight was the jerk chicken but we got charged an extra $3 for mashed potato which should have been included in the meal price. Also had no cutlery, service was very slow considering the restaurant was only half full. Total of $150 for 1 starter 2 mains and 3 glasses of wine = outrageous. The quality of the food and service does not match the high price. Would only return to watch the sunset in the bar with a glass of wine - not return for food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Tarpon feeding starts at 5PM. Good way to kick off the evening. Bar is an open air and offers good drinks. You'll see everything from bikini bottoms to some poor guy suffering through a hot evening in a collared shirt. Go casual. Make a reservation for dinner if you plan to eat. Lobster is a good choice, but we found everything to be very good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This beautiful resort is blessed with a wonderful location and has a daily entertaining tarpon feeding show. The cocktails are good and the vibe relaxed. The restaurant experience was horrendous however. We booked earlier in the day with the manager but on arrival we were accused of booking twice! There was no welcome of any kind. We were then plonked outside in awful chairs and on my husband's intervention, we were moved after much sighing and eye rolling. We complained and were assured the hostess would not have further contact with us and we were given a new server.
Sadly- she too was less than warm and was sour but overall efficient. After the main course, my husband took our boys back to the boat and came back for me. We had half a bottle of wine left to drink and I hoped for pudding: our server then asked me if I was left to pay the bill. I explained he was coming back to join me but this did not prompt a smile or a dessert menu. At this stage, given the eye watering cost I was pretty upset. We complained again and were given a free key line pie, which was delicious.

No apology was forthcoming from our server who presented the bill. However- she then chased after us getting into our dinghy claiming we had underpaid. My husband explained he was not prepared to pay more than 10 dollars for such awful service so had left her that amount only. She shrugged and we left.

The manager was helpful and responsive but I am concerned there is a difficult staff culture there. I won't return until others report better experiences. If you want to feel comfortable and happy for a special dinner- I can't recommend it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family