All reviews pirate show north sound beach bar grocery store laundry mat bitter end yacht club is small refrigerator stayed longer day trip dock slip sailboat reggae chickens sand
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I'll start with what is good, and then talk about all the ways it could be better.

GOOD:

1. The restaurant at Leverick Bay (upstairs) is excellent.

2. The location of the hotel is OK. Although there's no real beach, it has a marina with lots of yachts, and it's somewhat scenic.

NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED:

1. If you want a quiet place, definitely stay somewhere else on the island! We found it difficult to sleep, as it was extraordinarily loud. Trash trucks came at about 6 am almost every day, and for some reason, they sometimes stayed for 45 minutes, making really loud noises. Worst of all, we came on a Friday night (after a long journey from the states), and there was a massive weekly party that raged until the middle of the night. I was wearing noise canceling headphones, trying to drown out the cacophony, but it was useless. Leverick is not a place to enjoy a peaceful holiday.

2. The hotel itself is not very scenic. You might think that it would be gorgeous because there are distant views of the water, but almost all of the rooms overlook a big parking lot (where those trash trucks and other cars come in.)

I wish I could say more positive things about this place, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it at all. I don't expect much from a hotel, and I'm not looking for luxury (it's not like I was hoping for the Four Seasons). But peace, quiet, and serenity are things that I would wish for on a vacation. They aren't here.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alisco
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I loved staying here. I highly recommend a car if you want to see the rest of Virgin Gorda as you are kind of isolated on one end but the views are amazing on the drive over as well as from the rooms. Taxi rates will add up quickly. It's a great place to unwind and watch boats come in/out and just to basically unwind. The drinks and food are both very good as well. It's very quiet at night and I slept very well each night. The nightly rates on the hotel are great!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I have been there and will return!! The staff are great and the Friday night is the best night out for all ages! The food was excellent to! Loads of fun for the kid's to! I can say that you won't be disappointed!! It's a must!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We were 4 couples in town for the poker run. We stayed in a 4br villa with a beautiful view. The bedrooms are air conditioned but the main house was not. The place was well stocked (kitchen has everything ) and the beds were very comfortable. The ride in our Mini Safari was scary - but my husband got good at driving the hills quickly - we left driving at night to taxi drivers. $7 per person each way was common rate to go 10 miles. The maids restocked our bath and pool towels daily except Sunday. They had soap and hair dryers but no frills like conditioner. We all enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning!

One guy in our group stayed in the hotel near the bottom of the hill - he said it was older with a small tv and no morning sun blockage - but the bed was perfect! And the air worked- he was happy!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackieflpowerboat
Reviewed 19 April 2016

...4am, 5am, in fact most of the day.Could disturb your sleep. Stayed here for 6 nights recently on a Swimtrek vacation. The rooms have beautiful views of the bay, but need some maintenance. We had some things needing repair which were not done for a few days. The beds were comfortable and luckily we had hot showers(others in our group did not). There is no computer access if you don't have your own and service is intermittent anyway.Overall I would recommend it if you don't have any trouble sleeping as the restaurants, apart from not serving breakfast, are quite good, they have a Pirate Show 3 nights a week, a nice pool area, okay staff(better in the mornings) and easy access to some of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends