We stayed a week in an ocean front cottage room and loved EVERY minute of it. I've read a few of the recent very detailed reviews and many of them are helpful while some of them are just too damn picky. This is a resort on a small island with beautiful surroundings, incredible manicured grounds, a fantastic beach and the most incredible spa location I've seen in the world (and I've seen quite a few). This is a five star resort in a remote location so it is going to be expensive. If you're going to nitpick over the cost of a breakfast brunch, just don't go. The people that work here are just fabulous and genuinely try their best to make sure you enjoy yourself.
The location is superb, so relaxing and feels like a private community with park-like grounds. The grounds are manicured and kept quite immaculate. There are trade winds in the BVI's and, as a consequence, some things blow around a bit. We loved the grounds, we felt absolutely safe all of the time (note that you can lock your room when you are in it as some reviews have noted that you don't lock the doors - actually there is no need to during the day as the grounds are secure and patrolled by security day and night). It feels pretty much like a large private park with the buildings all well-spaced out and lots of greenery everywhere.
The beach is excellent. It is not a huge wide beach like South Beach in Miami. It is a very nice and pleasant private beach. There are chairs and cabanas located throughout the property. Even with a lot of people there it felt so uncrowded. If you're adventurous, the resort boat will take you to a deserted beach elsewhere on the island.
The room was just excellent. The bed was fantastic and everything in the room is in neutral earth-tones to fit in with the surroundings - so relaxing. I never heard a tv (there aren't any in the rooms) or a cell phone (so nice!).
The spa is just fantastic. Get a couples massage and ask them to open the door and turn off the AC. The surf pounds on the beach below the spa and it is so relaxing. The spa attendants were excellent.
The food was just wonderful. It was not perfect but everyone tried their best to make it that way. We were asked our opinion of the food and the service on each occasion that we sat down for dinner. We enjoyed it immensely and found the menu variety wonderful. The servers are very professional yet a lot of fun. Great people!
For nearby dining, we highly recommend Coco Maya - absolutely superb food. A nice blend of Asian (largely Japanese influence) with latin. Their location is also unbelievable.
The service throughout was just superb. Every person we came in contact with was extremely pleasant. This is one of those resorts where all the staff say "hi" to you and come to know your name very quickly, in a genuine sort of way - not phony.
There were people of all ages at the resort but we never heard an unruly child (and there were quite a few kids there).
The resort shuttle boat is amazingly smooth in the water. It is a catamaran that cuts through the waves and chop like nothing I've seen before. We flew direct to Virgin Gorda from San Juan but tok the resort shuttle to Tortola when we were departing -very convenient.
We loved it and will definitely go back. This was our first visit. This is one of those resorts that leaves you with a good feeling as it was just a superb visit and everyone there tried very hard and were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands