All reviewsmeal planrum punchlobsterwater sportslow seasonsan juanhog heavenscuba divingworld classboat tripgorgeous viewsbitter endbayspabathsresortcaribbean
Reviewed 11 March 2015

My husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon November 17-25, 2014. We had the trip of a lifetime. We stayed in the Rosewood Junior Suite. The Suite was absolutely beautiful and had a gorgeous view of the entire bay. The room, bathroom, LARGE patio, and outside shower were extremely clean. The room was also cleaned twice a day which was really nice.

The ride there on a Rosewood boat from Tortolla was very nice and relaxing.

We did a beach drop (which is free) one day and I would highly recommend doing at least one beach drop. They drop you off with towels, an umbrella, and a picnic lunch! We brought our snorkel gear and go pro and had a blast. We were the only two people on the beach for 4 hours.

We saw sea turtles out in the bay almost every day we where there which was a lot of fun. A must while you're there is to go to the Bathes. And if you're there on a friday go have a BarBQ with the Jumbie Dancers.

The spa is delightful. My husband and I had a couples massage and I had a manicure and pedicure another day. Wonderful service and beautiful infinity pool and private beach.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brit L
RosewoodLittleDixBay, General Manager at Rosewood Little Dix Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Dear "Brit L,"

Thank you for taking your time to review Rosewood Little Dix Bay.

We always appreciate our guest feedback whether positive or negative. We're glad to see that you had a fantastic time at the resort, from your stay in the spacious Rosewood Junior Suites to exploring our nearby beaches on Virgin Gorda. We always strongly suggest that guests take advantage of our complimentary water taxis, as being in the BVI's is about being on the water, and exploring different locales like our nearly deserted local beaches.

We'll be sure to share your comments on the cleanliness of the suite, as well as the kind words you had for our spa team, this is always great feedback for our associates to hear!

Thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Little Dix Bay in the near future.

Kind regards,

Rosewood Little Dix Bay

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We stayed in Treehouse #18 and I was very impressed with the size of the room. I do feel that for the money the room is very over priced when compairing to the Ritz. The place though is beautiful and landscape witha setting that is one of the prettiest places on earth. The staff which has been there for many years are kind and very cordial and want you to enjoy your stay and are very proud of their positions. Service was good,and there are issues that do need attention and number one is the Food offered and the quality expecially at dinner. We had several meals an d were disapointed in the quality. The room we were in had a fire alarm that had a constant beeping and needed attention which was reported but never fixed. There were cigarette butts at the stair landing that remained there throughout my stay and very very hard to miss.
The water activities were very ample and the spa was fantastic especially with the view so spend time afer or before enjoying the view. The services were and again were on the high side and gratutities throughout are included so please remember this and if you feel someone exceeds your expectations an additional tip is very much appreciated.
The grounds are maintained very well and you feel very secure and the resort is spread out that you can find plenty of space for your peace.
I enjoyed my time and when I got the bill I did feel that I had to question the value. I again loved the location and the beauty and so I left saying to myself it is what it is.
Would I return?
If the prices were in line but I would seek out other locations since the Virgin Islands have so much to offer I feel that I would if I was willing to pay close to 2000.00 per night for room only
I believe I would have a lot of options to choose from.
Again it is a very beautiful place but it does come with a cost and the food,well hit or miss on dinners lunch was OK but again 35.00 per person for breakfast buffet??
well????????

Room Tip: Treehouses are nice but very expenses
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gordon C
RosewoodLittleDixBay, General Manager at Rosewood Little Dix Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Dear "Gordon C,"

Thank you very much for your review of Rosewood Little Dix Bay. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, and that our associates were able to make you feel comfortable, and welcomed to our bit of paradise. As some of them have been with the resort for nearly 50 years, they certainly take pride in what they do as well as the legacy they've been a part of at Rosewood Little Dix Bay.

We will certainly share your concerns with regards to the value of the nightly rate in our Tree House Suite, as well as some of the missed opportunities to improve your suite experience.

With regards to dining options, our Food & Beverage team including Executive Chef Torsten Rumprecht is constantly looking for ways to improve the variety of options available to our guests, for example we now offer a very popular Tapas and Small Plates menu at our Beach Grill restaurant, which offers great value, and a casual beach front dinner setting.

We certainly believe that we offer one of the best resort experiences to be had in the Caribbean. We recognize that we did not exceed your expectations in all areas of your stay with us, and we apologize for these missed opportunities. We are very appreciative of your honest feedback, we'll be sure to share these details with our associates, and we look forward to improving upon our overall guest's experience.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Little Dix Bay to see for your self!

Warm Regards,

Rosewood Little Dix Bay

Reviewed 28 February 2015

This was our second trip to Little Dix Bay.

The resort is beautiful and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. Although, keep in mind we are on Caribbean time and nothing is fast.

We planned to stay in the hexagonal shaped Beachfront rooms but we were upgrade to a Junior Suite. At first I was concerned we would not be on the beach, the suite is wonderful. Our suite, 101, overlooked the pool and the bay. The main room was huge with a large bathroom and a large private patio. Definitely glad we were upgraded. Overall, the suite is as nice as any luxury resort in the Caribbean, with the exception of Jade Mountain suites which is unbelievable.

On our first visit 8 years ago, the rooms did not have TV, internet, or even a phone. This trip, our room did not have a TV, but did have Wi-Fi and a telephone. The rooms do not have keys, you just leave the door unlocked. There is a safe in the room for valuables and a dead bolt for at night.

Housekeeping was very good and check on the room at least twice a day. One note, they filled the minibar with our requested drinks before we checked in, but never refilled the refrig during the week. Lots of towels available at the pool and on beach. The Beach was organized and cleaned every morning.

We stayed on the resort for all our meals. The meal plan was good option if you plan to eat at LDB. The food was very good and we enjoyed all our dinners. Our meals at the Sugar Mill topped the list. The Asian Feast and Sunset Tapas y Sangria dining specialties were also excellent.

We eat lunch at the beach bar each day. Since the menu does not change, we did get bored. I recommend switching between Pavilion buffet and Beach Grill menu for lunches. Breakfast Buffet was complete with lots of choices. A make to order omelets, waffles and pancakes station was manned by a friendly chief.

They had live music playing most nights in the Pavilion area, but it is not a party scene. The resort was quiet by 10PM. Afternoon tea is nice, but not a formal event. It is pretty much self-serve tea and coffee with some sweets.

I rated the food as good to excellent on taste and presentation. Everything in the BVI is expensive and LDB is a little more so. For the same price in NYC, I would have expected amazing.

I did 6 days of diving with Dive BVI. The boat pick up at the LDB dock. They are a great crew and I had fun dives. They will handle all your gear, including cleaning, if you want. I enjoy diving with the entire crew and a special thanks to Capt Steve for some great dives.

I had LDB arrange an air taxi service from St Thomas with Fly BVI. This was really easy. The Pilot meet us in baggage claim and escorted us to the charter plane. Within an hour of landing in St Thomas, we were having rum punches on our patio enjoying the views.

Although the crowd was mostly couples over 50, we did see a few newlyweds and families with kids. This is quiet place to relax in comfort and luxury. This is not the resort to be continually pampered, meet lots of people, or party thru the night.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank John F

Dear "j2bfisher,"

Thank you for taking the time to review Rosewood Little Dix Bay.
We're glad you've returned and found your last stay to be an enjoyable one. Our resort associates certainly pride themselves on the level of service they provide to our guests. So when we see that there were still a few gaps in service, we always wish to share this feedback with the resort team.

With regards to our food & beverage service, I see that you enjoyed most of your meals, but wished for a little more variation in the lunch alternatives. On that note, we are happy to advise that we now offer a light & healthy lunch bar option at the beach front Sugar Mill, serving mixed salads, a custom salad bar, and grilled favorites from classic burgers to shrimp skewers.

We see that you were able to make use of the St. Thomas Air Taxi, and we appreciate your review on that experience as well. We always like to suggest this option, as it is the most convenient option for getting to Virgin Gorda from St. Thomas.

We look forward to welcoming you again, and hope to improve your next stay at Rosewood Little Dix Bay!

Tropical Regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2015

We've just returned from two luxurious weeks at LDB and are happy to report that it's as beautiful as ever. Our lovely room (an ocean cottage on the east end of the beach) was soothingly decorated in neutrals that welcomed us in from the sun. Lying in bed as the sun rose, watching the light filter through the palms quickly became one of my favorite pastimes. Though the east end is not my favorite location, the room offered solitude and a generous amount of living space, both inside and on our large balcony.

In the year since our last visit, food is much improved. We enjoyed delicious meals both at breakfast and in the evening at the Pavilion, the Sugar Mill and the Beach Grill (now open 2 or 3 nights a week for tapas). Although I am not a huge fan of the Pavilion buffets at dinner, the food was plentiful and well prepared. A la carte items were freshly prepared to order and available even on buffet nights. All were very good; some were stupendous. Our favorite evenings, however, were at the lovely sugar mill, which is a bit quieter than the Pavilion and bit more adult oriented.

Service throughout the resort was attentive and warm. From the moment we stepped off the plane, we were graciously welcomed and pampered. Everyone, including the housekeeping staff, the dining room staff, and the lovely folks in reception, was eager to help make our stay more comfortable and fun.

One word of caution to long-time LBD guests: we were there over the President's Day vacation week, and during that period there were many family groups and quite a few young children in-house. Dining room dress codes were also relaxed. If this is an issue for you, chose a different window for travel.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ewellis
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Eight of us rented a very large 4 bedroom home on the hill. Each room was absolutely gorgeous all with outdoor showers. They had gourmet kitchen and outside barbecues. Grounds were immaculate and the swimming pools were
sparking. Food was good but a little expensive. Incredible beaches and views. A must for romantic couples.

• Stayed: November 2014