“Staying there made me want to live there because...”
other travellers have booked this property
From the deck, double French Doors
View of the harbor from dining room Bedroom with a/c, wardrobes & queen size bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
From the deck, double French Doors
View of the harbor from dining room
Bedroom with a/c, wardrobes & queen size bed
Open Plan living room with pull out couch & futon
Fully equipped kitchen
Bathroom has shower & tub
Living Room & kitchen
Living room to the front door
Couches
Bedroom
Swimming Pool
Small Boat Dock - looking back towards the property
Small Boat Dock
Car Park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Tamara R
“Staying there made me want to live there because when i walked in i felt at home.”
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

It felt homely. The following needs to be changed. New pillows & bed padding. I would definitely return & recommend this unit to friends & family. Even if you never see the owner there's a paper with well needed info in the unit for you.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
cecitadel
Charleston,SC
“Just what I was looking for.”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We decided to add a few days of diving to our sailing vacation. The apartment was located halfway between the dive shop and the marina so we could walk where ever we needed to go. It was under 1/2 mile to the dive shop at Village Cay Marina and a little less to teh Morrings/Sunsail marina. Grocery stores and restaurants also within a 1/2 mile walk. We like to walk so that was good for us. Each day after diving we relaxed on the deck over the water and watched the goings on in the marina across the way. To the left was a commercial barge and being the end of the harbor there was some debris in the mangroves. The mangroves while catching debris also provided wonderful shade in the afternoon. Most of the other reviews are about right, some focus on the negatives, some focus on the positives. The place is a little old, there is only A/C in the bedroom, there is a noisy parrot. I found it perfectly located, comfortable, charming, and at the price a real bargain. If your fussy there are other places but you will pay a bit more. I would stay here again, in fact I am looking forward to my next visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and dock nad the days when the breeze cooled the apartment
Liked least: the day there was no breeze
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Carol C
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic helpful owner, apartment disappointing”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Hard to review as Lisa the owner was so lovely and helpful. Beers and nibbles in fridge on arrival. The quality of facilities.However, apartment a bit tired .... needs revamp. Sunken sofa not comfy. Inadequate mosquito screens. Needs a/c throughout - no through draught and therefore uncomfortably hot. Mosquitos galore when door open. Bedroom a/c noisy but effective. Well stocked with all amenities. Wi-fi good and consistent. Private deck overlooks harbour but lots of rubbish collected around edges ... and mosquitos ++. Cockroaches in kitchen. Some things beyond owner's control, but no water pressure in late afternoon / evening so unable to shower then. Definitely overpriced for facilities.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Aug 2014
Thank you for your review. I can report that the water pressure problem is being rectified next week so Tobacco Wharf will be able to offer it's residents high pressure water 24 hours a day. I will check the screens & see how the misquotes got it. Most of the year we have a fantastic through breeze but the breeze can die down in August & September. I apologies for the items that had washed up around and under the dock, there had been a storm & items blow off boats & wash up on the coast. I need to check that more often.
stevemist...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A good "jump off" point.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay here with a few exceptions.
First off, there is no central air. A problem for some. There is an A/C unit in the bedroom and it worked great. For me, the breeze from the bay was enough for me, my girlfriend had a harder time.
We did not prepare meals here. In part due to the older cookware with old food stuck to it in the kitchen ceiling rack. There was a major roof leak above the dinning room. I'm glad I had no electronics on the table at the time. Lisa (the owner) told me she was working on it, and at times it would not leak. It did 2 times during rain, one other time it did not.
My advice:
If you are looking for an affordable place and don't want to spend all your time here (and if you do, you miss the charm of the island) this is a good choice. The pictures are spot on, and other that the kitchen it's clean. The dock out back is really great but could use some new deck chairs. A great place to finish off a day of adventures! Bed was great. Slept like a baby. Great decorations and art. Colors are lovely as well!
The owner was extremely helpful! Even going as far as driving us to the store on our first night. Excellent communication. Easy check in!
If you want to spend more time out and about experiencing the island, this location is great! If you are looking for a plush rental to spend all your time at, this might not be for you.
I would go back and would recommend it to some.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and the dock out back
Liked least: lack of A/C kitchen.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
15 Sep 2013
Thank you for drawing my attention to the cookware. I'm pleased to report that it has all been replaced immediately. As for the mystery leak, I think I've found where the rain was coming in & fixed it.
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Tortola & hope to see you again,
Lisa
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing