All reviews big house housekeeping staff virgin islands beautiful beach anita ft beaches tortola caribbean porch dock unit ferry waves hurricane
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Spacious, comfortable and clean suite, peaceful location right on the beach, lots of privacy, excellent service, every member of the hotel team is very friendly. You feel like home. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavel_2380
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for your review Pavel, it was a pleasure having you and hope to see you again in the future next time you are on Tortola.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I thought I had "reviewed" as soon as we arrived home but see it was never posted!!
This place is paradise!! The staff, the extraordinary cleanliness, the food, the pool, the beach....heaven!!!!
Our party was a mixed bag, some raced the Regatta....2 of us enjoyed the wonderful ambiance of Fort Recovery!! The biggest decision..."pool or beach".
I have read a few of the reviews and always wondering what exactly people want when they go away....I trust some are those who won't buy a home because they don't like the paint color of one room,,,,,
I would return in a second.....relaxing' truly lovely get away!!!!

Room Tip: They all seem great!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleenamrein

Thank you for the review. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest, and hope you stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

What a wonderful time my husband and I had at this beautiful resort. I cannot say enough about the accommodations, the staff, the delicious food, and the peacefulness.
We met other guests who felt the same way we do; that there is just something about
this place that is hard to put into words. It's just a feeling you have when you are there.
To be steps from the ocean and watch the boats, the sunsets, the pelicans, etc. You get relaxed beyond belief. The boat trip to the Willie T and going snorkeling at the Caves; it just seems like you are in one big fairy tale that you never want to end.
Our thank you to the owner Anita for making us feel like family and accommodating us with having dinner for us upon our late arrival. Good byes are always tough because you just don't want to leave. Also thanks to the office staff who helped us get our lost luggage, and cleaning staff who had our room impeccable every day and to Cici for the delicious food she prepared for us. Everyone there is just great and hoping we can return next year!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkny25
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

I can not tell you how great it makes us feel here at Fort Recovery Beachfront Suites and Villa Hotel, that you enjoyed your selves so very much, and to give us all the recognition you gave to us. I can't take the credit for Mother Natures contribution to the setting, and I do cherish that myself, especially the great sunsets, the fabulous Caribbean sea and the sounds she makes. Non of my doings.....She is a real help and puts on a great show. So, she thanks you as well, however, you were great guests, full of love and life and we were sad to see you go. I felt that you were family, and thank you for sharing that feeling with us. Hope to meet you again and offer you same enjoyment we all felt.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Our family enjoyed a most wonderful holiday in the BVI! Fort Recovery was like a luxurious water-front home away from home for the two weeks that we were lucky enough to be there! Having our own kitchens made it a pleasure to dine in and we especially loved leisurely sipping our morning coffee's while watching the boats sail by on the big decks overlooking the Sir Francis Drake Channel.

We spent hours reading our books on the beach and floating in the crystal clear water. Afternoons, we dipped in the pool and napped in the shade- HEAVEN ON EARTH!

The management and staff went out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating- we can not wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa145
Fort R, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the lovely review and hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Great views, close to good food, nice stay. Close to the ferry, sailing activities, and car rentals. There is also a good market right down the road. We had a great time, and enjoyed the breakfast. We were sad to leave. Thanks! -Marissa & Mike

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marissa K
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you Marissa and Mike it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to have you both again!