“Large Group Dinner - nice quaint place with well prepared food”
Review of Dove Restaurant

Dove Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Road Town
Price range: US$9 - US$42
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fusion Modern cuisine, craft cocktails, an impressive wine list and the best service around!
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We had a group of 34 attend for a corporate event. I'm not sure they were really equipped for that many at once. the hors d'oeuvres were very good - and had some uniqueness to them. they also had some interesting before dinner drinks to offer. The delivery was a little slow due to accommodating 34 people at once, in a smaller area.

The dinner was very well done, everyone loved the food. Most felt the portions were a little small - but that may be a function of our event coordinator.

1  Thank Gerry S

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Ollie and Rosetta were amazing. The atmosphere and incredible food are definitely a must have when you visit Tortola. The black cod and NZ beef tenderloin was amazing. We also had the deconstructed cheesecake which was over the top! You will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Donnie H
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We visited recently and enjoyed the food, service, and romantic atmosphere. The seafood is super fresh, and the sushi roll with shrimp starter should not be missed.

This restaurant is better than average, but I couldn't give it 4 stars for a couple reasons:

The food preparations and portions are very light as indicated by other reviewers. It is possible to leave hungry after spending $50 per person on food if you have a healthy appetite.

The desserts were a little off. The yogurt/sponge dessert was not sweet at all and had an odd flavor. No one at our table of 4 liked it.

The restaurant automatically included an 18% gratuity on our bill for a party of 4.

2  Thank atravelerden
Reviewed 26 June 2017

A cute little place tucked away in downtown Road town Tortola. We were greeted by a very friendly staff person/waiter. The dining room had nice ambience, however the table rocked around and my chair leaned back to far I had to sit on the seat edge most of the meal. The prices were quite high and portions small, but the plates were beautifully arranged. The sushi roll appetizer was amazing! We ordered red wine, but they took the bottle from the table after the first pour so we had to wait to have our glasses refilled. The entrees were good, especially the cod. We tried two desserts: the chocolate combo and the deconstructed cheesecake. The chocolate was good, but the "cheesecake" was visually unsettling and tasted just as confusing. I would not recommend it. So based on eating at lots of restaurants from all over the world I would say this was average. If I were to return I would search for a more comfortable seat and order two of the sushi appetizers as my entree. Then I would be quite happy.

2  Thank mizRB
Reviewed 26 June 2017

As a human, I require balance in my diet. The fish was quite good and very well-prepared. It was served with about a tablespoon of asparagus, which is not even a Weight Watcher's portion. Tips, however, are not forgotten, and a fat 18 percent of an expensive meal will be added on without your proffer. How do you think that affects service? Correct; it's pleasant and adequate in this charming and quaint meat-based restaurant.

1  Thank Writerchef