“Pretty good lunch selection for the Island”

Long Bay Beach Club
Ranked #16 of 38 Restaurants in Road Town
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2017

We were served pretty quickly, food was pretty good, drinks were good.
I wouldn't say this is a point of interest unless you want to visit the beach and this view is beautiful. Although the service was more polite and quicker than Sebastian's up the road!
I think the portion sizes were fair and they did have a fair amount of variety.
Don't expect anything comparable to anywhere else in the world. For instance my 'BBQ chicken breast sandwich" was like one or two grilled chicken strips (tons of bacon though) and the slightest smear of avocado.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We are there while vacationing last week. The service was not good, staff not polite and food was average. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I decided that I would carefully rate this hotel when I got back so that others would be forewarned.
This was a good hotel that is slowly falling into disrepair. One of the reasons that I saw the flaws in Long Bay so clearly is that we had just spent 5 days in a truly awesome hotel.
In Long Bay, the hotel water was out for a day during our stay. No shower or toilets. But the response from management was a bit bizarre. I think they were annoyed that we were calling them about the lack of water.
A few of the servers in the restaurant hate their jobs and hate the customers more. One server told my wife they didn't serve coffee. Also got into an argument with my wife because she repeated the order. Thought my wife was making fun of her maybe. But we just were having trouble understanding her. To be fair others we met were very nice. A couple of bad apples can ruin the barrel. We ate down the street - there are several good places to eat. Also, wouldn't let us sit where we wanted in an empty restaurant. I'm guessing management doesn't know about the restaurant issues.
The beds have sharp corners at shin level that I swear are designed to hurt people. Wifi didn't work well. We laughed at the tiny TV - but that wasn't important to us.
The blinds didn't fit the windows. There wasn't a safe in the room but some metal box on the wall that was broken - may have once been a safe.
The restaurant dinner is expensive $130 for four and no a la cart. However the food and drinks were awesome.
The beach is beautiful but also very rocky. You will need water shoes and it is not safe for little kids.
We couldn't see the beach from our room although it was advertised as a beach view. In fairness, we booked through a separate website.
A lot of little issues - no rug to wipe sandy feet. Do not disturb sign didn't fit the door. They typically tried to clean the room at 9:30am, which isn't bad except when you've had a few painkillers the night before.
Overall it is an ok hotel that could be great with some relatively small investment, new beds, and replacing a few of the staff.

1  Thank rupert7777
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We stopped at the Long Bay Beach Club during a recent port day on our Caribbean cruise. Overall this place was fantastic... Amazing beach, great staff, nice pool, great food, good drinks, etc.

If you make your way here, please ask for Leana. She was fantastic and one of the highlights of our vacation. We will absolutely return here when next in Tortola, and perhaps extend our stay at the hotel next time.

I highly recommend the Roti for lunch. Absolutely delicious...

1  Thank Matt_UKTX
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Arrived on a Sunday evening. Restaurant almost empty. We asked if we could sit near the water. Told no because a table was empty but not set. Grudgingly accommodated. Food ok.