4 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$384
StayForLong
All reviews outdoor shower all inclusive package new owners jost van dyke every meal boutique hotel island tour our honeymoon main restaurant west end chef bernard apple bay all inclusive plan fish tacos open air road town rental car
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2019

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Sugar Mill Hotel by recommitting our wedding vows. We chose the Sugar Mill as we had spent our honeymoon here in 1994 after being married on the S/V Flying Cloud. Mary made everything happen perfectly with a local Pastor and a beautiful flower arrangement.

They are still making improvements from the hurricane damage, and the new units are very comfortable with nice views of Apple Bay. The staff makes this hotel outstanding for friendliness and humor. Although we did not do the All Inclusive Option, we ate all our meals here because the menu is to die for!

All-in-all, this is definitely the place to stay whilst in Tortola. We will be back. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas.

Room tip: They are all Excellent
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoseAlee
Reviewed 5 July 2019 via mobile

This was our second trip to the Sugar Mill. We previously went before the hurricane in 2016.

We broke our “Visit Once Rule” and revisited because there is no resort I have experienced where their total zen level of relaxation was attained from day one to day seven.

Tortola is bouncing back from the hurricane and we were so happy to see that Dennis and Mary reopened and delivered a week of joy and have returned me to work happy and rested.

We stayed in room 103 which is one of the suites above the pool. The room was perfect and provided us with a porch to enjoy many a beautiful sunset.

The restaurants are some of the best on the island.

I can’t stress enough that the all inclusive package is a bargain and no meal or drink including the “Dennis the Menace” disappointed. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinners were expertly prepared and the fresh fish dishes should not be missed.

The hotel arranged my diving and snorkeling trips with the better purveyors and all excursions are worth booking through the hotel which offers a price below the stated retail costs if you booked directly.

There is only one place for me after a busy tax season and that is at our new home away from home, the Sugar Mill.

Thanks to all the staff for their gracious hospitality and especially to our new FB buddy, Kyna. See you next year!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlanF371
Reviewed 1 July 2019

Unfortunately we only stayed here one night, but it is easily one of the best hotels/resorts I have stayed at anywhere in the world. The rooms are fantastic, the views are spectacular, the food is great and the hospitality was top notch. We are headed back next year to celebrate our anniversary. Highly recommended...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ron g
Reviewed 4 June 2019

Love this resort very convent to everything also the bar and restraint can’t say enough about it

If you are looking for a resort that is fun quiet classy and convenient this is for you we r making reservations for next year

2  Thank Samatra123
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

We were recommended to stay, by some friends that live here in Tortola, before they opened and we kept watching the web site. As soon as they were available for bookings we booked for 7 nights. We have not been disappointed. We stayed in room 101 which has recently been finished and is everything you could want in a room. A comfortable bed and believe it or not an out door shower. No worries about steaming up the bathroom. Don’t worry nobody can see in! There is a nice balcony with an apple cocoon for relaxing in. We have spent a few hours in it I can tell you.
The service here is exceptional. The staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. From Cavey (I hope I got it right) who looked after our room, even on Mother’s Day, Vicky who made the most delicious cocktails, Rosella and Shekina (also known as Kina) for the great service in the fine dining restaurant, Annie for looking after us at breakfast time and Sandra at Tramonti. It felt better than being at home. Exceptional service.
Mary and Dennis were the most gracious hosts, meeting us when we arrived and looking after us every single day we were here. It felt as if we were the most important people alive. Even the wonderful birthday desert and singing Happy Birthday to us.
Thanks to everyone for making this stay special.
If anybody is looking for a place to stay in Tortola I can recommend the Sugar Mill as a wonderful experience, as I have said before . . . EXCEPTIONAL.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple