“SO Disappointed”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 April 2021

We came from the nice reviews which came to find were absolutly WRONG. Lets start with portion size.. figure table spoon size at best. Service...while cordial... at beginning was NOT the pleasant island personality. They didnt have several menu items.. I asked for fried fish.. not available that day. The waitress pushed for me to take a different boiled fish instead...but I opted for chicken in its place. After waiting 50 minutes my food arrived cold. Worst of all ...it was the boiled fish.. not the chicken. Since we had an appointment to get to... i just settled on the appetizer I had as being enough. The waitress scooped up my plate and shoveled it into the trash... a few minutes later...she arrives with our check which included the boiled fish that I didnt order or eat. The waitress said her manager said since they made it that I was expected to pay for it! Needless to say I didnt... and was asked to speak in the back with the manager. Usually im very unconfrontational but not this time.I subtracted that item and SHOULD have not tipped... but I still left 20% for the sub par waitress. On top of all else CASH ONLY NO CREDIT CARDS. For the record, we ate at the neighboring spot last night...they were prompt, friendly and a much better choice.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (214)

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Laticia my waitress/cook made me an unforgettable rib lunch! I even ordered a second plate!
I love Grand Case and look forward to coming back!

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank marywagman
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Food was over cooked (ribs and the shrimp both) -- fried were underdone. Service wasn't much better, and no one spoke English (that's not a negative -- just FYI in case it matters to you) that we dealt with. Hand gestures and our limited French got us through, but not without a struggle. For good food it would have been worth it, but with the food we received it wasn't.

Their red beans and rice was the best thing we had at this place.

Would go to Talk of the Town over this place every time. Just my opinion.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

After spending day at the beach looked forward to the great smell of food. Chose Scooby’s for its baby back ribs. Plate comes with salad, rice, sweet plantain, noodles and a good portion of ribs. Ordered strawberry colada which was very refreshing.

No view to beach since it’s located between two lolos. Food wait was not long by island standards. Staff is friendly and helpful. Had a small amount of barbecue sauce on ribs which was just perfect. So many lolos so little time...

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank 628m_nicam
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

We only came in here for a couple of beers, we could smell the bbq etc on the beach so we’re feeling a little peckish I suppose! We had a portion of ribs, the back crab and Johnny cakes which we all really yummy. Johnny cakes were freshly cooked, the ribs were tasty n meaty and the back crab was interesting! Hadn’t eaten it before so wanted to try something a bit different. Service was friendly and considering it’s right on the beach prices were very affordable. I would eat here again if we came back to grand case....for the price of 2 cocktails further along we had a meal and 4 beers!

Date of visit: January 2020