“Laticia my waitress/cook made”
Review of Scooby's

Scooby's
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Laticia my waitress/cook made me an unforgettable rib lunch! I even ordered a second plate!
I love Grand Case and look forward to coming back!

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank marywagman
Write a reviewReviews (214)

Reviewed 24 February 2020

Food was over cooked (ribs and the shrimp both) -- fried were underdone. Service wasn't much better, and no one spoke English (that's not a negative -- just FYI in case it matters to you) that we dealt with. Hand gestures and our limited French got us through, but not without a struggle. For good food it would have been worth it, but with the food we received it wasn't.

Their red beans and rice was the best thing we had at this place.

Would go to Talk of the Town over this place every time. Just my opinion.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

After spending day at the beach looked forward to the great smell of food. Chose Scooby’s for its baby back ribs. Plate comes with salad, rice, sweet plantain, noodles and a good portion of ribs. Ordered strawberry colada which was very refreshing.

No view to beach since it’s located between two lolos. Food wait was not long by island standards. Staff is friendly and helpful. Had a small amount of barbecue sauce on ribs which was just perfect. So many lolos so little time...

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank 628m_nicam
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

We only came in here for a couple of beers, we could smell the bbq etc on the beach so we’re feeling a little peckish I suppose! We had a portion of ribs, the back crab and Johnny cakes which we all really yummy. Johnny cakes were freshly cooked, the ribs were tasty n meaty and the back crab was interesting! Hadn’t eaten it before so wanted to try something a bit different. Service was friendly and considering it’s right on the beach prices were very affordable. I would eat here again if we came back to grand case....for the price of 2 cocktails further along we had a meal and 4 beers!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 10 January 2020

Our driver dropped us outside and we went straight in for beers. Strangely enough for the French side of the island, I got a look of incomprehension in response to my order in French (I'm a translator). It turned out that English worked better there! Scooby's has a good range of lovely St Martin craft beers which I recommend trying rather than the mass-produced ones.

We then went for a walk to see what else was available before deciding definitely where to eat. We were surprised how many places would only be open in the evening. That seemed odd for a beach road. It was also sad to see how many buildings are still in ruins. Orient Village over on the east side is just about fully functioning now but Grand Case is not. But what an atmosphere that little place has! Far better to be around the real locals and support them than staying in a far richer expat/tourist ghetto.

A few drinks later, we were back at Scooby's for lunch. Don't expect posh seating etc - you'll be at a table covered in a plastic cloth. But you'll be fed and watered very well. The ribs were very nice -- not smothered in sweet sauce as is often the case, just very nicely seasoned and cooked meat. And the chicken curry was also very tasty. Both were enormous and certainly not dear either.

Another Lolo was specialising in ice-cream so we tried that too -- yummy!

Grand Case was our favourite place on the island, that's for sure.

Date of visit: December 2019