9 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$234
eDreamsUS$255
FindHotelUS$231
1,941 results
All reviews sunset cafe creole rock garden view croissants full kitchen rented a car lounge chairs st martin on site restaurant restaurant row grocery store loft room an umbrella pinel island gcbc ocean beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 December 2019

For the 5th year (almost in a row, skipped 2017 because of Irma's devastation) we just spent 5 night at the GCBC. What a wonderful beach hotel and overall stay! The beach is but a few steps out of your room. The rooms are so comfortable (full kitchen if you decide to cook) and the views spectacular. The hotel hasn't just been renovated (or rebuilt almost!) after the hurricane, but the attention to maintenance is amazing. You see workers trimming palm trees, oiling the sliding storm doors, keeping the place in great shape! The staff in the office are super accommodating and so pleasant! We will definitely keep coming. The beach is just amazing, the quiet bay, the clear water. Can't beat that. And about a 5-block walk to restaurant row, which continues to re-flourish after Irma, with already fantastic French and Caribbean restaurants.

Room tip: ocean view, definitely worth a little more money.
Date of stay: December 2019
Stephen W, General Manager at Grand Case Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2019

Thank you for your thoughtful review...and many return visits! We are still, and always will be, working to improve GCBC!

Reviewed 17 December 2019

We have visited Grand Case many times as a couple, however this year we were accompanied by my son, daughter-in-law and 13 month old granddaughter. So we eschewed our previous choices, L'Esplanade and Les Temps des Cerise for the GCBC. We selected a beach front two bedroom unit - number 56 - which had ample room for the family at about the price we paid at the other locations for the two of us.
We couldn't have been happier. My son insisted we take the bedroom on the ocean side and we slept well with the sound of the sea lulling us to sleep each night. The room was beautifully maintained by Mayra who was careful to consult us as to the best time and helped us with our French.
There were comfortable lounge chairs overlooking the beach right outside our room and the water was calm and clean. While we ate many meals at the on site restaurant and the great choices in town, it was wonderful to be able to prepare our breakfast in the kitchen which was fairly well equipped. (However no condiments, salt and pepper etc. are provided) We picked up a non-stick pan to supplement the cookware provided, as well. It is a short drive to the super u which has everything you might need.
Almost forgot to mention the pool. Also wonderful. The gently sloped entrance was perfect for my granddaughter who also gives it five stars.
As I told the manager at the lovely reception for guests, my only complaint is that time went by too quickly.

2  Thank coeurdelion

Thanks so much for your warm and supportive comments. We have all been passionate and hard working towards making our very special little place all the more so. Year over year. These past couple have been a challenge, and we appreciate all the more that our efforts are noticed and enjoyed...now by generations our guests!

Reviewed 16 December 2019

My husband and I wanted to celebrate my sons 1st birthday. Most people throw a party, we choose to go away to the beach and sun with our little man. I was very apprehensive about traveling with a walking, teething one year old. My concerns instantly melted away when we arrived at Grand Case Beach Club. The staff, resort, beaches, food made this the best vacation of our lives. It is quiet, quaint and beautiful. They checked us in in minutes into a lovely loft with a crib ready for our arrival. The rooms view is beyond words. We got a room out of the way so we wouldn't stress out other guests with our little one. From the moment we got there, they helped us with our boy so we could enjoy our vacation as well.There was always a smile and hello. In addition, there was some unrest with the french protests, My husband and never had a concern or worry for a single moment. Lynn and her lovely staff called our rental car company and arrange another mode for transport for us to get to the airport. I didn't even have to think about it for one moment. With most vacations, I always feel ready to get home by day 6. As we were on the flight home my husband turned to me and said, next year we are going for longer. Currently, looking at flights to book again and we know exactly where we will be staying.

Grand Case Beach Club

4  Thank ysmith511

!!!!
My sincere thanks, to you, your family...but to Lynn and our staff...who under (severe) pressure, still were able to practice their profession...hospitality!
We have been through a lot...and I am very proud that we were able to make your stay so memorable, and look forward to sharing with you the improvements when you return!

Reviewed 10 December 2019

We spent 3 nights at the GCBC after spending 5 nights in Anguilla. It was our first time on both islands. I am super pleased that we chose to stay in French St. Martin and the GCBC is a special place, in my opinion. The area wasn't crowded and it was very relaxing. The only thing I didn't enjoy about our room is that the bed was hard and the pillows were feather pillows. Everything else was great about the hotel in my opinion. The room was clean, renovated, and comfortable. It was great that they build a little wall at the bottom of the shower so the water would stay in. The shower's water pressure was great. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of shelves to put all the toiletries. The air conditioning worked well and beach towels were provided in the room. The balcony was a very comfortable size with chairs to sit out there and enjoy the beautiful view. I believe all rooms have sea views. We ate dinner once and lunch once at the Sunset Cafe and the food was good and the service friendly. I loved that the hotel provided rafts/floats to float around in the beautiful calm waters. The beach at Grand Case was like a swimming pool. The actual pool at the hotel, which is a rooftop pool above the restaurant, was great, with nice views of the area. There is a wonderful, friendly, neutered cat named Pablo who lives on the property and I had the privilege of interacting with him while there and he even came and set on my lap while we were at the pool. The hotel was conveniently located near restaurants within walking distance and I read that all the best restaurants in St. Martin are in Grand Case on the same street. We did some snorkeling around the rocks at beaches at the hotel and we also took a boat trip over to Creole Rock and the snorkeling was even better out there. It was nice to be able to book activities right there at the hotel with the group who runs that portion. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I find myself in St. Martin again and would recommend it to friends and family.

1  Thank jessica82378

On behalf of Pablo, representing our feline staff...and the rest of all us humans, thank you for the almost purr-fect review. Our bedding it top quality French, and perhaps a bit firm for some tastes...if asked, we will happily give it some extra padding. The pillows are all hypo-allergenic.
Your review sums us up so well that and speaks for itself...so, simply thank you again, and can only hope that your travels will bring you back...sooner rather than later!

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Terrific week here with wife and 16 year old daughter. Small resort that is easy to get around. Had ground floor room, so could step outside and onto our lounge chairs overlooking the cove. I have a disability, but the steps down to beach were easy and, because there are no real waves, I could just walk in. Water temperature was delightful. Unit was spacious and kitchen was more than adequate. Very good AC. Snorkeling near the rocks on which the restaurant is built, altho much better on boat trip to nearby rock. Staff was helpful and gracious. Short walk to restaurant row, which is marvelous and restaurant on premises was very good. Rented a car which was helpful for groceries, etc., although traffic can be a nightmare. Island has been through rough time and is working hard to come back (some places are still devastated from Irma) and the people of St. Martin were all helpful and friendly. Dollars accepted everywhere, sometimes as even exchange with euros. Definitely will return.

Room tip: better views and privacy upstairs, but downstairs had lounge chairs and beach right outside. No elevators
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank JerryZ927
Stephen W, General Manager at Grand Case Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

JerryZ927
From the sound of it, everything worked out for you as planned, and we are thrilled to have been part of your family during your visit!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, and we hope that you will be back before too long!