“Stop by you will not be disappointed!”

Blue Martini Bistro
Ranked #27 of 70 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We stopped by for a drink last night: ended up having tapas and dessert too. We have the coconut shrimp. camembert and foie gras. Dessert was crumble and crème brulée. Bill for the 3 of us came to 80 euros so much cheaper than other restaurants in Grand case. The atmosphere was lovely, service impeccable, the dishes served around us were nice as well. It is definitely worth giving it a try!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Somewhat speechless. I'm semi traveled and am a bit of a foodie so I understand giving latitude. Here was our $93.00 dinner tonight.

Thought we'd try something new and the nice curb appeal lures us in.
Got iced tea.......sat for an hour before we flagged someone down to please get us drink. About 30 minutes after we got our second drinks, an employee dropped off bread!! (Very exciting).
My one college sophmore had ordered the Mahi-mahi, his brother had the flank steak and I ordered 3 tapas. It's now 1 1/2 hours after we sat down. There are empty tables but we are ignored. Eventually the food did show up although my tapas foods were originally forgotten!
My mahi-mahi son got the worst of it his cold mahi-mahi which was shredded and served in lemon juice was in-edible, just awful and my other sons flank steak was average at best. The escargot were so-so.....they go very light on the garlic, the shrimp tapas was uneventful but fortunately, the Camembert was good in my third tapas.
Horrific!

2  Thank Nanette P
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had a drink after dinner here once, and it was mostly empty. We returned for some live reggae music (although they painstakingly played a lot of non-reggae too) which did help bring people in. Our server was nice and cordial, and we enjoyed our evening.

With 30+ restaurants in a few blocks, some will end up on the short side of the stick, and this one seems to be one of those. They a great looking outdoor seating area, large stage, and a cool bar. They also have an indoor dining area, and altogether it's a lot of seats to fill. If you've walked the restaurant boulevard, you'll know that anywhere that looks empty can scare folks away, I think Blue Martini suffers from this. Adding more visibility into their outdoor area and some more visible seating might help.

A couple of the servers looked a little depressed, understandably, and I think this is quite visible to potential customers who are used to be greeted by smiling restaurant owners and maitre d's. It made us wary of returning for dinner, so we didn't.

We were thankful for the good drinks and live music!

1  Thank UpscaleCoupleMN
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try the Blue Martini restaurant on this trip to Grand Case. We found the surroundings pleasant and staff attentive. I had the shrimp Thai dish while my husband had the filet mignon. We both enjoyed our meals which were well prepared and presented. Less pretentious than some of the other places on the boulevard. We also shared a cream puff dessert which was quite good. I had a glass of wine and coffee and my husband had a drink as well. Our bill still came in under $80 which is quite good in terms of boulevard prices. If you are a regular visitor to Grand Case or just to St Martin in general, Blue Martini is worth a try.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The ribeye steak was awful. My wife actually told the waiter Jeremy that it was bad and I left most of it uneaten. When he brought us the bill and said he hoped to see us again, he acted incredulously when I said we would not return. I was never impolite or resorted to insults but he was very rude and defensive when I suggested that a good restaurant would offer to replace the meal to my liking or at least offer a complimentary dessert.

Even the burger was average at best.

My recommendation is that it is a good place for drinks and maybe appetizers to watch live music but absolutely not a good place for dinner with so many better options in Grand Case and the rest of the island.

1  Thank Andy-2017-Andy