“Amazing Gem in the heart of Grand Case- open post Irma”
Review of Le Cottage

Le Cottage
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The cottage is a traditional and gourmet french restaurant. Meet our sommelier,enjoy the perfect association wine & food,let's travel!!!!
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

After spending a week on saint Maarten my wife and I were wondering if the fantasies of the French culinary wonderland would be fulfilled or wait for another trip... After a false starts we connected by phone and and were able to secure a table on an hours notice.. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case in season. After arriving in a rebuilding Grand Case..(lights still or on half the street the night we were there).. We were greeted by our waiter. We had the special soup trilogy.. Pumpkin, zucchini and California.. Each were amazing and unexpected.. Followed by an arugula blue cheese salad... Also outstanding. For the main course we had the the fish carpaccio trilogy... Followed by beef, truffle risotto morel dish that was from another world. Service was outstanding.. Simply one of the best meals I've ever had.... Chef David.. Congrats! Will make a trip back to saint Maarten just to visit the amazing "cottage" ;-)

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Went here while on our honeymoon and was very impressed! Amazing meal, with great recommendations from the staff/owner. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This place recently re-opened after a rebuild following Hurricane Irma. Even though we do not speak any French, we had no trouble ordering and were treated so kindly by the staff. The food was beyond exquisite and the service was impeccable. For dessert, try the souffle. It was the best one I have ever had. If you are in St. Martin, drive to Grand Case and eat dinner at this restaurant, period. I promise you will not regret it!!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

The newly reopened ale Cottage is stunning! Stephen and Tania did an amazing job. Chef David is still there and the food is over the top. This has always been one of our favorites. If you want a delicious meal with great food and wine pairings you must visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

this restaurant just reopened 2 weeks prior to our visit. The place looks amazing. Same chef, owners and staff. Super friendly. I always come for the cold soup trio and they didn't disappoint. This year, it was cauliflower, pumpkin and asparagus. Outstanding and delicious. my husband had the escargot which they always prepare differently. It comes with the standard snails in the flavored olive oil but they also wrap some in puff pastry. My husband loves this and always orders it. fantastic.I had the mahi and shrimp dish that outstanding. My husband had the veal T-bone in mushroom sauce that was also wonderful. So nice to see this place open again and to enjoy their fabulous menu!