“Great poutine”

Connie's Cookhouse and Casual Lounge
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We enjoyed a casual meal at Connie's a few weeks ago. The poutine was excellent, the real gravy made it. Connie's is a welcome addition to Simpson Bay, especially if you are looking for a good burger and a meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a fellow Canadian. We ate at connie's for the first time since we have been coming to the island for 5 yrs. How did I not find this place before? We had lunch. Wife loved her burger and my club sandwich was so good on a very fresh baguette. Good home like cooking with friendly Canadian owners. Had a great chat with Connie!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

An unassuming hole in the wall with terrific food. I had the chicken souvlaki pita and my husband had the cuban. The flavors that Connie put into both of them were wonderful. I took a gorgeous piece of apple pie home for later, haven't tried it yet, looking forward to it. The service was attentive and we got to meet Connie and Ron. Wish we had tried this place sooner in our visit, we will definitely be repeat customers. Next to Biblos and across from Zee Best. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE LOOKING FOR A COMFORTABLE PLACE TO SIT WITH GREAT FOOD! During an afternoon stroll, we seen Connie's and they had a sign outside with some interesting specials that looked amazing so later that evening we decided to return for dinner. When we arrived, it was pretty slow but that made the service outstanding for us - 1/2 way through our dining experience, we learned that Connie was the cook! We ordered the Classic Putine for a starter and it was mouth-watering delish! My husband went with the Mushroom Swiss Burger and I ordered the Spicy Grilled Cheese. I'm not much for beef, but my husband swears up and down that that was the best burger he has ever had in St. Maarten (We've been coming for 10 years). We were tipped off that she uses real Canadian beef, which makes a huge difference to us Americans :) My grilled cheese was so far from traditional and it was served on the island traditional French baguette, This sandwich was very very tasty. The booths/seating are so comfortable compared to the outside patio chairs we were sitting in all week, which made the restaurant welcoming. Connie's husband was such a great guy and kept us around for another cocktail and we had some of the friendliest conversation compared to everyplace else we had gone in our 11 days there this time around. I'm just sad that discovered this great little gem on our last night there. We sure hope she is still serving up her delicious cuisine when we come back!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Recently read about Connie's in the newspaper & made it a priority to visit as Canadian owned with poutine on the menu!! Stopped in for the classic poutine & was very pleased with it. The fries were perfectly crisp but not to crisp, they held up to the gravy & cheese without turning into a soggy mess. Ordered Carrot Cake to go & regretted not buying the whole cake that day! Simple, must visit for dessert even if you're not hungry. The cake was 4 thin layers of fresh, moist, spicy cake combined with the perfect amount of creamy icing topped with coconut. What a real carrot cake should taste like. Service was very friendly making you feel welcomed in their home. Portions to price are also very reasonable. Look forward to sampling the rest of the menu!