See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2015

Wonderful place to stay. The hotel is located in the heart of Simpson Bay just a few food steps away from the famous Kim Sha Beach. We stayed in room# 5 and had a stunning view on the mega yachts of the IGY Simpson Bay Marina. It's a very spacious and quiet room with a nice terrace. We had a free Wi-Fi connection everywhere on the premises. The breakfast was amazing! We had French croissant and baguette from the French Bakery, that is just in front of the hotel. The Liberty Inn is just across of one of the most beautiful beaches in Sint Maarten. In the neighborhood, you find everything you could possibly imagine. Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, beach activities and even a snorkeling tour starts from the private deck in the back of the hotel. Btw, the tour with Coconut Reef was amazing and is highly recommendable. We can’t wait to go back there soon.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoconutReef
Reviewed 6 June 2015

Me and my wife have been in Sint Maarten for 3 weeks and we wanted to stay in a quite, clean and cosy hotel.
Luckily we end up on Liberty Inn!!!
The place is far from the crowd, but still in a beautiful location with a wide beach just across the road.
The rooms are perfect for couples or families and the owners Susan and Diane are stunning, polite, and always ready to help.
They are also an inexhaustible source of informations about Sint Maarten.
Just out of the door you have a french bakery "Taste Factory" , the perfect location for a breakfast, and a Snorkeling Boat Tour is starting every day from the dock in front of the Inn with the company Coconut Reef.
We did the tour and it was stunning.
We'll go back to Liberty Inn without doubts.

Dario and Roby

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrioRoby
Reviewed 14 April 2015

It was our first visit to the island to stay in a hotel, and searching for hotels we found this lovely location and booked it. We were not disappointed, as the owners make sure you are taken care of and they helped to make a gig number birthday for my wife special as well. Location is the best, walk to the beach, catch a bus out front, walk across the street for Happy Hour, head up to the marina and watch the yachts come and go; close to the airport, a grocery store within walking distance and excellent restaurants in the area. They can give you good recommendations for happy hour places as well where to eat.
we truly enjoyed the stay as they suggested we change rooms to a view of the waterway in the back, it made a big difference. If you want a central location on the island, this is the place to book.

Room Tip: book a room at the back of the hotel to see the waterway and yachts
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip M
Reviewed 27 March 2015

My wife and I returned to St. Maarten for our 5th visit. We have always stayed at the Liberty Inn. Sadly, last year we had to stay elsewhere because there was no availability at the inn. So, we made it a point to book early this year and had the most wonderful vacation of all! Since our last visit there have been many pleasant changes like new flat screen tv's and charging stations in the rooms. The thing that hasn't changed is the unbelievable hospitality of the owners, Susan and Diane. I hesitate to write this as the Inn has become more and more popular and I risk being shut out next year when I try and book but they are so wonderful they deserve the positive recognition.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We went here purely on the reviews as they are clearly excellent. I must say that it lived up to its reputation in terms of location, price and hospitality. The pictures are very accurate which i appreciate and in fact its nicer than the photos give credit for. In all honesty, I think the price could be a bit lower though given that it is very basic but i also understand that its about the lowest price in the area so it is fair.

The owners are very kind and will go out of their way to ensure you have a good experience. I would however, work on some issues like the bed. I understand it is not the Westin but i think more efforts should be made to ensure people on vacation are sleeping comfortably. I hate to sound picky but the bedding was pretty outdated, not breathable, neither warm nor comfortable-almost irritating. and the bed itself feels very old and not conducive to quality sleep. I understand that you get what you pay for but i do feel we paid in the range of comfortable bed. There is also a strange smell which is likely just moisture but i think the place could benefit from some air fresheners or fresh flowers.

At the end of the day i have no regrets about going to Liberty Inn. It was fun, safe-it was local and perfectly positioned to travel the island and really the owners are just good people not looking to make a quick buck. There were some noises from the bar across but that doesn't really bother me. If you are a sensitive sleeper i would take ear plugs.

I would definitely consider going back if some of the above changes were made. Anyway thank you for a good experience! This island is the best winter vacation i have ever had, hands down.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple