See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2015

My wife and I returned to St. Maarten for our 5th visit. We have always stayed at the Liberty Inn. Sadly, last year we had to stay elsewhere because there was no availability at the inn. So, we made it a point to book early this year and had the most wonderful vacation of all! Since our last visit there have been many pleasant changes like new flat screen tv's and charging stations in the rooms. The thing that hasn't changed is the unbelievable hospitality of the owners, Susan and Diane. I hesitate to write this as the Inn has become more and more popular and I risk being shut out next year when I try and book but they are so wonderful they deserve the positive recognition.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We went here purely on the reviews as they are clearly excellent. I must say that it lived up to its reputation in terms of location, price and hospitality. The pictures are very accurate which i appreciate and in fact its nicer than the photos give credit for. In all honesty, I think the price could be a bit lower though given that it is very basic but i also understand that its about the lowest price in the area so it is fair.

The owners are very kind and will go out of their way to ensure you have a good experience. I would however, work on some issues like the bed. I understand it is not the Westin but i think more efforts should be made to ensure people on vacation are sleeping comfortably. I hate to sound picky but the bedding was pretty outdated, not breathable, neither warm nor comfortable-almost irritating. and the bed itself feels very old and not conducive to quality sleep. I understand that you get what you pay for but i do feel we paid in the range of comfortable bed. There is also a strange smell which is likely just moisture but i think the place could benefit from some air fresheners or fresh flowers.

At the end of the day i have no regrets about going to Liberty Inn. It was fun, safe-it was local and perfectly positioned to travel the island and really the owners are just good people not looking to make a quick buck. There were some noises from the bar across but that doesn't really bother me. If you are a sensitive sleeper i would take ear plugs.

I would definitely consider going back if some of the above changes were made. Anyway thank you for a good experience! This island is the best winter vacation i have ever had, hands down.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Just the outstanding value deserves five stars but wait, there’s more. The location is probably the best on the Dutch Side. Everything you would want is within walking distance but it is relatively quiet. Sure, there may be music at one of the restaurants nearby but it didn’t bother me. There was the huge party and concert for the Heineken Regatta across the street but I barely heard it.
The owner/managers were outgoing and very helpful. They addressed every concern immediately. The room was clean and had everything I wanted, including a view of the bay. The place is Caribbean charming and well maintained, which I love. Some like the familiarity of a Newark Airport Hotel room; this place is not for them.
The kitchen had a refrigerator, cooktop and microwave, no oven, but I didn’t come to bake bread. They do not supply beach towels, but I did not ask.
The power outlets and voltage are the same as in the US but seldom are there enough of them for the gadget laden traveler. I suggest bringing a multi-tap or, better, a multi-port USB charger and several cords. Whenever one travels. Never plug kitchen or hair appliances into a multi-tap.
Every room is different, some on two levels so I suggest contacting Liberty Inn so they can meet your needs and preferences. This place is a real gem.

Room Tip: Call or email. Every room is diferent.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 8 March 2015

This hotel is convenient. It is close to the airport, to a beautiful beach, to restaurants, to a casino, and to a grocery store. A movie theater is also within walking distance. A breakfast is not included. The local van/bus runs right in front of the hotel and makes traveling to other spots on the island quite easy. The owners try their hardest to make the visit enjoyable. Be sure to ask them for advice, recommendations, or help with your unit. Beach towels are available as are extra keys. There is no way to get into a unit without your keys. We talked to several guests that had been locked out. Just ask and you shall receive (another set of keys, that is). In summary, it's a great place to stay, the owners are ready to help in any way, and being able to fix some meals in your unit is very economical. It was a great visit and we hope to return. Thanks to Susan and Diane.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
libertyinn-sxm, Owner at Liberty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2015

Susan, thank you for your wonderful review. Of note to the readers, as we are an official B&B, breakfast should always be offered as an option on any website that we participate. If that is not the case, please contact us directly and we will explain to you all of our available choices. We offer the breakfast as an option rather than automatically include it in all of our plans because breakfast is not something every guest desires.
Also, it is not uncommon for guests to lose their keys, so we keep our private doorbell on 24 hours a day for those types of occurrences. Susan, you were a delightful guest and we hope you visit us again! Cheers! Susan and Diane

Reviewed 26 February 2015

Liberty Inn i have to say is and was the most excellent place to stay. The owner's of the place were very hospitable and full of knowledge of things to do on the island. The room That we had was neat ,clean, and beautiful to stay in. And the best part about it, is that you felt safe. Your right in the heart of dozens of things to do without having to need Of a car. So i wanna say thank you to Susan and Dianne for a warm welcome and stay, and will definitely be back again this year. And will be telling everyone i know to go there.

Thanks again. Will see you soon
Tony