See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2014

My husband and I stayed at Liberty Inn, Sint Maarten from Nov. 16 to Nov.23. We didn't know what to expect but all our expectations were surpassed. The room was large, comfortable with a full kitchen. From our window we had a ocean view and could observe the sunset. The owners, Susan and Diane attended to all our needs and made us feel at home. If that wasn't enough, the location of the Inn is the best in Simpson Bay. A quarter mile in each direction are a variety of
restaurant that fits any budget, a drugstore, large supermarket, bakery, health food store and places to rent bikes, kayaks and Marinas to book a sailing, diving trips. A great beach is just across the street and easy access to local transportation or rent-a-car services. Carmin, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carmin2444
Reviewed 21 November 2014

My colleague and I travel throughout the Caribbean for our business. This particular trip we were in St. Maarten staying at the Liberty Inn. It was during this trip that Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island. From everything we heard from the locals, no one expected the storm to be nearly as bad as it turned out to be! Luckily for us we were staying at the Liberty Inn. The owners, Susan and Diane were front and center throughout the storm making sure we all had everything we needed! From inside the hotel you would never have known there was hurricane even happening. The hotel never lost water like so many other places and it has a powerful generator that kept everything running in our condo and not just the emergency lights in the hallways! So, the whole experience was pretty transparent to all the guests of the Inn. Talk about "safety in stormy nights!!" What a memory!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 18 November 2014

My wife and I arrived at Sint Maarten to find out our reserved Condo has been sold and they would not honor our reservation.
Fortunately I knew the area and stopped at Liberty Inn Guest House to see if they had room availability and we were received like family. We liked the place so much we stayed all week. Nice comfortable clean rooms with furnished kitchen and our room had a great ocean view. The best thing besides the friendly environment and making new friends,the location is the best. There are several outstanding restaurants in walking distance, in fact you don't even need a car as the public transportation is right in front of the Guest House and you can go anywhere on the Island worry free. A beautiful beach is just across the street.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tobin1845
Reviewed 21 October 2014

This was my third trip to the remarkable island of St. Maarten and although I have never submitted a review before, this time I felt I just had to take the time because, after all, that is how I picked the hotel for my first trip. I chose the Liberty Inn once again because my 2 previous experiences were so relaxing and enjoyable. As soon as I enter the property I feel at home. There is just something special about the karma throughout the Inn. Even the pelicans seem to acknowledge this as they swoop down and catch their morning meal right off the dock in the back of the property! Once again, I was sorry to leave but look forward to my next trip because it just keeps getting better and better!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray J
Reviewed 11 October 2014

I have lived on the island of St. Maarten all of my life and I frequently have visitors from all over the world. I have placed them in a variety of hotels over the years. The last couple of years I have chosen the Liberty Inn because of it's fabulous location and unbelievable service from it's owners, Susan and Diane. The Inn accommodates my guests beautifully regardless of how many there are because they have a nice variety of condo sizes. Plus, everything is walkable, it is so nice that no one has to rent a car! The rates are great and the restaurant in the front of the building, the Taste Factory is the best around! I have grown up with the expression that St. Maarten is the "Friendly Island". Perhaps the Liberty Inn should be renamed the "Friendly Inn"!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family