4 people are viewing this hotel
US$157
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
US$142
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$157
US$123
SAVE US$34
Expedia.comUS$131
PricelineUS$142
eDreamsUS$142
1,738 results
All reviews on site full kitchen time share shuttle service beach bar aqua mania living room grocery store la patrona water activities ocean view st maarten one bedroom unit rented a car friendly island nice beach grand case
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

We visited Simpson Bay Resort on April 15th. We were booking the reservation on their website and decided to call the number they listed if you need help making a reservation. We called the number and stressed how we wanted a balcony. The representative assured us several times that the studio we were booking would have a garden view balcony We booked the room for 1 night at $144.34, garden view balcony When we arrived we checked in and was very disappointed when we found there was no balcony. The front desk was very rude and told us were lying and we could not get a refund. I called Customer Service and was transferred to Alexandra Ocambo who lied to me and told me she was a manager and we would get no refund. I asked for her Manager and she refused to transfer me. I requested they listen to the call between myself and the representative who helped book the room and she refused and then told me her Manager was Geraldo Gonzalez but refused to let me speak with him. I want a manager to contact me and they refused. Never satay at this resort!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

I loved this resort. We had such a great time. Met amazing people and the staff were all wonderful! From the beach to the pools and pool bars, the breath taking views...you will not be disappointed! The Red Piano has a great band on Monday nights and a great vibe! Isola is the bombola!!! Get the red snapper! If I had three thumbs to give up I would!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerardo González, Other at Simpson Bay Resort, Marina & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We want you to know that we truly enjoy serving you and feel honored to be your chosen resort for your recent trip to St.Maarten.
Your trust is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.
Thanks again! We look forward to serve you for many years to come.
Best regards from sunny St. Maarten,

Reviewed 26 April 2021

My husband, 3 year old daughter, and myself (in third trimester of pregnancy) visited for 10 days and stayed in a one bedroom villa. We enjoyed our stay a lot.
+Beautiful beach (and close to other amazing beaches too)
+Nice breakfast buffet with an amazing view
+Good location with many restaurants (Isola is amazing!)
+Comfortable beds
+Super friendly staff
+Small grocery store nearby
+Many pools
+Free 'shopping' shuttle to visit Philipsburg

Some of my least favorite parts:
-We stayed in the building at the top of the hill. This led to beautiful views but could be quite a walk up there with groceries (especially with a toddler and being pregnant). It was not impossible though
-There was some trouble with mosquitos. The hotel offered to fumigate but I did not want to brief in fumes while pregnant
-It was a bit annoying that some guests would go down so early in the morning to 'claim' the beach chairs at the front of the water but then not actually use them until almost lunch time
-Concierge seemed to be closed most of the time so we couldn't really make use of it

In general I would highly recommend this place for families and I would definitely return here!

Room tip: Try to get one closer to the water so you don't have to walk up the hill
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

Poor employee knowledge, was asking questions about opening hours .. Upkeep is poor, several areas looks like a dumpster. Someone was pjuking outside the casino.. was not cleaned up for two days .. felt like being in a rough neighborhood

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JohanB1131
Reviewed 11 April 2021

We have been to numerous other places on the island in the past. The Simpson Bay Resort in in one of the best locations. Just about all the amenities are within walking distance, there is even a private beach at the resort. Numerous great restaurants are also within walking distance. Watch the planes take off across the bay. The rooms have a full kitchen and are very spacious and clean. The resort is kept up very well and you will feel safe here. No need for money exchange the dollar is king and English is spoken everywhere on the Dutch side and somewhat on the French side.

Room tip: Most rooms have a great view or within a few steps of one. Just depends how many people in you party. Personally I like the marina building.
1  Thank solomonp636