Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$92
SAVE US$10
Hotels.com
US$92
SAVE US$10
PricelineUS$102
eDreamsUS$102
Orbitz.comUS$92
All reviews airport runway observation deck close to the airport planes taking off and landing flight home hotel guests chairs and umbrellas small pool saint martin beach ricky marys maarten island kitchenette sxm ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2019

The green slime fountain greets you in front, we had a basement room, check in one hour later than stated. Room not properly serviced upon check in. A stick of butter in a cabinet with ants crawling over it. They sent housekeeping to throw it out and semi wipe cabinet. Next day I go to make coffee and a used pod prior to our check in is still in the coffee pot. Deathly afraid to get blanket anywhere near my skin. Gorgeous beach is the only good think about this dumpy hotel.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mums307
Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful relaxing stay we had. Our well equipped room was right on the beach and we were lulled to sleep by the crashing waves every evening.

Our room was great and spotlessly clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The room has a coffee machine, microwave, toaster, hot plate and a TV. The air conditioning worked well.

But it’s the beach you are here for. It is just beautiful and quiet and did I mention beautiful?? If it’s peace and quiet and total relaxation you are looking for, this place is for you!

The hotel is next to the airport. There are two viewing decks at the hotel. Grab a beer and soak in the sun whilst a 737 takes off feet from you. It’s a unique experience and quirky!

Whilst the hotel is easy to find, you’ll probably
need to hire a car to get around. There isn’t much that close to the hotel (There is a corner store selling basics a five minute stroll from the hotel).

Anything let the hotel down?

Like other reviews, I’d say the food. More the service which was a little curt/surly. The food was ok but the experience felt rushed. Didn’t feel as if it was particularly good value for money.

The Karakter bar and restaurant is a two minute walk down the beach and a totally superior proposition in terms of ambience, service and experience at a similar price,so like other reviews, my recommendation is go there!

The combination of room, facilities at Mary’s Boon and the welcome and food at Karakter bar and restaurant makes for a unique, fabulous, fantastic, vacation experience!!

Thanks Mary’s Boon!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SenorFirenze
Reviewed 24 May 2019

This was my first time at Mary's but it won't be my last. What a wonderful hotel! It is right on the beach. I don't mean close to the beach but right on the beach. There is a great restaurant, bar, and did I mention the beach? It's also by the airport. The employees are all helpful and friendly. It has a good homey feel to it. For me it is the place to stay in St. Marteens.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank head2hawaii
Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

The hotel looks like a plantation house. Very cozy and beautiful. The room was beautiful just like the photos. As I opened the door to the balcony we were in front of the beach. The personnel were very friendly and delicious breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2019

I arrived at the hotel and walked through the grounds which were well kept attractive and quite aesthetic. At night they were illuminated with different coloured lights and clearly effort has been made to ensure they are attractive and appealing and they are. I was welcomed in reception and quickly shown to my room. There is also security on site at night.

The front of the hotel has beach loungers and parasols for non residents to use should they purchase drinks and food from the hotel. In a shielded section of the beach at the side of the hotel are a few wooden parasols for guest use only. I found this a nice touch as, at times, the wind would blow but the residents are was shielded from this, though one enjoyed a pleasant breeze.

There was also a beach bar which at the weekend was party central but not intrusive or noisy. A number of nationalities would gather and was a great place for a drink and to socialise.

Staff were very attentive and friendly and there was also an inside bar. Please remember that smoking is allowed in the inside bar and open air areas so if eating this may cause you concern. As a non smoker when eating outside at any eatery I checked the wind direction to avoid smokers.

About a 6 minute walk away was a convenience store. If you have a car better prices and variety is available at the larger supermarkets in Simpson Bay

Issues mentioned in other reviews include the mosquitoes, a cockroach, dogs, airplane noise, the basement rooms, shower pressure and swimming pool size. I’d like to address these. Yes there are mosquitoes and they are generally around up to about 8:30am and from 4:30pm. It’s the Caribbean and I am not sure what anyone expected the management to do about them. Get some deet like everyone does! I never saw a cockroach not that means there aren’t any but my room was absolutely spotless, it was cleaned daily and thoroughly and saw a stream of staff cleaning the hotel daily included the grounds which looked amazing. There are lots of dogs as this seems to be a St. Maarten thing. When they did what they had to do the owners always cleaned the beach and I never saw any ‘accidents’ in the bar or hotel buildings at all. Nor did any dog attack or harass anyone but if you dislike dogs St. Maarten is unlikely to be for you, irrespective of the hotel from what I saw. Having booked the hotel myself and read about it I knew it was beside the runway. Based on this and the need to have just one single brain cell I deduced there may be noise from aircraft. To be honest after a while one doesn’t even notice it, but to complain when the information is staring at you is a bit strange in my humble opinion and others I spoke to about this who agreed with me. Again when I booked the basement room it was explained to me as to where it was and the fact there was no view or balcony or huge window. Don’t think I need to say anymore other than the room was huge, had everything one could possibly want and also came with a small kitchenette, though don’t expect to be able to offer a dinner party from it. The shower pressure wasn’t that great but was better than a significant number of large chain hotels I have stayed in throughout the Caribbean, and is about normal for the Caribbean. Lastly pool size. Okay I admit it isn’t a huge pool but it is in my opinion adequate, not least when you have a mile long beach next to the sea directly outside the hotel!!!!!!!!

So was there anything not great about the hotel? I have to say I found the food mediocre. They sold a lot of it, particularly on the beach but the quality was average and the presentation I found poor compared to other establishments. I tried breakfast, Lunch and dinner once and went elsewhere, and think the value poor.

A stone’s throw from the hotel is Karakter bar where the food was another level yet give or take the same price. I tended to eat there as everything was better than the hotel which is a shame as the hotel is great, just not the food. As I say they sell a lot of it and to repeat clients, but other guests I spoke to agree about its quality and price. As an example I ordered scrambled eggs sausages and toast. The toast was anaemic and was presented with a slice of tomato. At Karakter bar its very different, presented well and better value. Service at breakfast in the hotel between 7am & 8am is a bit hit and miss too.

To conclude the hotel is worth a stay, the staff friendly and attentive and a great location. I personally thought the food let the hotel down.

Date of stay: April 2019