“Great Restaurant ”
Review of Pineapple Pete

Pineapple Pete
Ranked #21 of 122 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner and listened to some great music while dining. The dark rum creme brûlée was delicious.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff.. and passion fruit frozen drink was okay. Food was tasteless and cold.. not at all worth the price. Flys and mosquitos everywhere too

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Pineapple Petes is one restaurant you must have lunch or dinner at, great atmosphere,friendly service. I highly recommend their Lobster Thermidor, it is awesome, but no matter what you get their food is some of the best on the Dutch side. I have to repeat, dont pass up a chance to eat at Pineapple Petes.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

I have been coming to St. Maarten for 30 years and only visited Pineapple Pete once in all that time. That was ten years ago and I finally went back the other night. I got the same meal I had the first time and it was so delicious I could eat here every night. The crab and spinach encrusted grouper is one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. It was light and flavorful and quite plentiful. I asked for french fries instead of the rice that came with it and they were just perfect, hot and crispy. I also got a melon colada again and it was refreshing and yummy. This was my favorite meal in the week I've been in St. Maarten. My friend had garlic shrimp which she enjoyed, though she kept burping up garlic all night. Stick with the grouper; it is scrumptious! I also have to mention our server, Kelvin. He was excellent. Our water was continually refilled, he checked on us often and brought the check quickly when requested. He was friendly and committed to ensuring that our dinner was enjoyable. Overall, this is a great place. (If it's so great, you might wonder why I haven't been back for 10 years. My friend and I always went back to the same restaurants by our time share in Simpson Bay. A number of these were destroyed by Hurricane Irma in 2017 so we looked for other places this year. Believe me, it will not be another 10 years before we go back to Pineapple Pete!)

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Pinerapple Petes is noted for their lobster thermidor. I had that dish the last time I was here and it was the best I ever had. Tonight, I had the garlic shrimp and my dining companion had the grouper which she said was just outstanding. The food did not disappoint and our waiter, Kelvin, was very attentive. I will definitely return and maybe spring for the lobster Thermidor, a bit pricey but worth it.