“Great place for steak and seafood in Simpson Bay”
Review of Pineapple Pete

Pineapple Pete
Ranked #21 of 122 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Pineapple Pete is another of my family's favorite restaurants in St. Maarten. We had dinner there last week. I had seafood on linguini. It was very good but quite heavy.

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Walked in and a sax player was softly wooing the crowd. Very casual relaxed atmosphere, not completely outdoors but open air. The service was pretty good - not fabulous, but pretty good. If you travel to the Carribean you know what I mean. Great menu selections and it was hard to choose. I ordered a fish and it was terrific. Parking is a bit of an issue but we did find a spot not far away. I hadn't been to Simpson Bay before so I was glad we made a good choice in Pineapple Petes

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 6 March 2016

All the food at Pineapple Pete's is good, but if you like fish and chips theirs is the best. A whole grouper filet, lightly breaded that is hard to finish. Takes up the whole plate, with a generous portion of fries and a salad as well! Been there many times, but have never ordered anything else it is so good.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Yes, it's a tourist trap, but a very amusing one with good food, great service, and oodles of bar 'camaraderie'. We went mostly for drinks but ended up getting dinner. I had the grouper, my friend had shrimp. Both were delicious. The cocktails were really good, pina coladas and rum punches. I even bought a cool t-shirt for my kid. It ain't some fancy restaurant on the French side, but it's probably a lot more fun.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 28 February 2016

A friend and I went to Pineapple Pete's for a nice lunch. The place was not busy, but it was a late lunch. The service was very friend. We did enjoy the food as well as the atmosphere.

We had a good time and a good meal.

Date of visit: February 2016