All reviews garden suite owners michael free phone beautiful beach satellite tv within walking distance ocean waves st maarten beach front i highly recommend this hotel short walk small kitchen close to the airport gracious hosts karakter beach lounge chairs and umbrellas home away from home
Reviewed 21 December 2015

We are pretty much sick of All inclusive resorts and I must say this was the way to go. The rooms were kept up very clean, comfy bed and kitchenette were great for making breakfast, grocery store was in a one minute walking distance. The beach was the most
beautiful sand and warm aqua water, great for just bobbin around with a drink....total relaxation....if you dont want to be right in the sun there was always a lounger in the
shade of palm trees or under an umbrella to chill and read a book or just to sit and enjoy the fabulous yachts anchored in the bay....we had two other couples stay with us and
a larger group at the Horny Toad (also great spot) Walking distance also to some great
restaurants, felt totally safe....I totally recommend this place for couples and or just a
small group of friends vacationing together...its not a 5 star like some people want complete plush luxury rooms but we are the kind of people that like clean and comfortable as we spend the most time out doors. This is definelty a gem of a place and we all loved it....we've been to alot of other places in the caribean and this is one of my favourites

Room tip: Rooms on ocean side are smaller but hey your on the ocean
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank laurel1313
Michael A, Owner at Azure Hotel & Art Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear reviewer, thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you and your group of friends!! The Azure seems to get a lot of people that are looking for the opposite of the big resort experience that they are accustomed to. We are happy to provide quiet, comfortable, clean and down to earth accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We stayed here for a week and it was a fantastic experience! Mike is a wonderful host. He's very knowledgeable about the area and he gave us great recommendations for restaurants, grocery stores and all that kind of stuff. There are lots of places in walking distance (and I was 6 months pregnant when we went).

The beach is steps away. The Azure has its own little line of beach chairs and they provide towels as well. There are a couple of rooms that are right on the beach and the view is excellent. These rooms also have an attached deck area for dining and such.

We will absolutely book The Azure on our next trip to this island!

Date of stay: January 2015
5  Thank Reese Y
Michael A, Owner at Azure Hotel & Art Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear reviewer, thank you for the fantastic recommendation! It was a pleasure having you stay with us during that most special time in your life!! We are so glad that you enjoyed our little hotel, all the best to you and your family, we hope you will return one day along with your new addition, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Reviewed 5 December 2015

I only stayed here for one night and unfortunately when I arrived the suite I had booked had been given to someone else due to a reservation error. I was put in the only free room, which was the "Bay suite". I wouldn't advise this room at all as it's dark, a bit tatty and feels a bit like a broom cupboard. I was really annoyed at the fiasco......however the following morning the owner Mike came and apologised profusely, and gave me the room for free, which I think was a highly generous gesture. He was also very helpful in terms of places to go and airport transfers. After Mike's very genuine attempt to right things, I wandered along the beach for breakfast and all my troubles evaporated - the hotel is in a fabulous location.

So, overall, I think I just had an unlucky blip so probably other reviewers who stayed longer and didn't have a reservation problem should provide a more accurate reflection of the place than me, but I can say that a) it's a wonderful location b) the owner is a lovely bloke who will do everything to make your stay enjoyable and c) don't stay in the Bay suite!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank pirranD

Dear reviewer, thank you so much for the kind review, it is much appreciated in light of our error! We have thought of switching to an automated system to avoid booking issues, but decided that it was better to keep the personal touch we are known for. Mistakes on my part are very rare, maybe 2 a year, but when it does happen I take full responsibility and make sure that our clients are more than compensated for the inconvenience. I personally find accommodations for the displaced guests and offer compensation on top of it. Being a seasoned traveler, I know how it feels when this happens and have take notes when it is corrected with tact. Thank you very, very much for appreciating my efforts to right the situation. I hope that you will give us another try in the future, we will go above and beyond to give you our best!

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Tucked away down a side street this small hotel was a nice place to spend a few nights after our sailing cruise. We had the Garden Suite #4 which had a door on the garden side as well as the beach side. The beach door opened to a two-level deck and then we were on the beach. Lots of beach chairs and umbrellas to allow us to chill and relax. The beach is quiet and not at all busy. Great location for long beach walks. We appreciated having the small kitchen so we could shop at the nearby market and bakery and save some money over restaurants. It is walking distance to the market and some restaurants. We walked a bit over a mile on the main street but busses and cabs are available also. The room is clean and well-furnished. Could have used a few more amenities in the bathroom however.

Room tip: ask for the rooms that open onto the beach
Date of stay: November 2015
4  Thank Kathleen103

Thank you for the nice review! The Azure's location is fantastic, we are glad that you took advantage of all the great places that you can walk to. We will look in to providing guests more bathroom amenities. We currently offer shampoo/conditioner, hand soap and body soap. Please let us know what you think we could add. Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2015

The Azure was a great place to stay, just steps from the beach! Very,very clean inside and out. Michael sat down with us, found out what we were interested in seeing and doing, and made notes on a map. Michael provided information listing several places to eat, and they were all wonderful. This added a nice personal touch. He also called to set up a rental car, and it was delivered within 10 minutes. Everyone there was very helpful regarding anything we needed, and will definitely be back! No need to look any further for a great place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank StanPatti
Michael A, Owner at Azure Hotel & Art Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear reviewer, Thank you for the great review! The Azure is very conveniently located and we strive to give it that "home away from home" feel. It is with great gratification to hear that we had achieved that during your recent stay. We are always searching the island for great spots to tell our guests about. Thank you for the vote of confidence, we look forward to your next visit!!!