“ROMANTIC BREEZY WATERSIDE VISTA”
Review of Ma Ti Beach Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Ma Ti Beach Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely place with a great vibe and friendly staff. Right on the beach with the low surf licking the outermost tables. I'd be here at least once a week if I lived in the area just to take in the beautiful setting.
Onto the food...the chicken cordon bleu was delish. The apps were just ok and it seems the lobster bisque in this town has no resemblance to what New Englanders expect. I'd definitively return and give it another go on a future trip.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

First of all, this restaurant is called Ma Ti Beach Bar--giving one the impression that the food is Caribbean. It is NOT. It is totally French with a few 'bar like' menu items on their appetizer menu. We enjoyed the veggie egg rolls, but decided to go somewhere else for our meal. Beautiful GORGEOUS views with the ocean lapping quite close to the table. Just not the menu items we were in the mood for.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We went to dinner twice during our stay in St. Martin. The food is incredibly with really friendly and prompt service! Out of all the restaurants in Baie Nettle, Mati Beach had the best prices and probably the greatest portions. My partner and I had the crab and mango tartare to start (amazing) and I had the fresh red snapper which was amazing. The second time we went we had the lobster bisque and we both got the creole plate which is a must!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The onions in the French Onion Soup were burned which ruined the dish. The fact they're sending it out is amazing to me. It's the low season so the place only had a few patrons but it still took 45 minutes to be served over cooked red snapper and greasy to the point of wet fish and chips. To add insult to injury, the waitstaff was completely inattentive. Disappointing to say the least. Lots of great restaurants on St Martin so I suggest you pass on May Ti.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I'm a little sad that we waited until our last day to go here, even though it was right across from where we were staying. The food was delicious- we got the fresh lobster, which I can't recommend enough. Although we couldn't take advantage of it, they also had some nice beach chair areas that came complimentary with the meal. Service was a little slow, but I'd still highly recommend. Nobody would want to rush out of this place anyway!