“Delicious and Romantic Dinner”

La Cigale Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Baie Nettle
Price range: US$35 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For the last 17 years, owner Stephane has welcomed you to the palm groves of the lagoon at Nettle Bay where, watching the sunset over the lagoon, you can enjoy the gastronomic, gourmet cuisine in an idyllic setting. Chef Malory Leroux offers daily specials sourced from the market's daily offerings, without forgetting the signature dishes: foie gras in truffle oil, lobster raviolis, Wild French sera bass. Mathieu Maini, the pastry chef, is constantly searching for new creations, such as the already famous strawberry macaroon. La Cigale brings a touch of delicacy which rounds off your meal with finesse. The wine menu, without doubt one of the richest on the island, will undoubtedly seduce you. If reservations are encouraged, it is because this corner of paradise, very busy during the season, is the ideal spot for a romantic dinner. (gift certificate - honey moon - weddings - Private Diner)
Reviewed 22 July 2016

This was such a wonderful dinner and great experience. It's a beautiful setting on the beach and the food is to die for. I got the duck and it was great. The Raspberry Macaron as well was probably the best dessert I have ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant especially for a romantic quiet dinner.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
LaCigaleRestaurant, Responsable relations publiques at La Cigale Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We hope to see you again in the near future !

All the best,

Reviewed 21 July 2016

My husband and I visited St Maarten for our honeymoon, and found this place here on TripAdvisor. We took a taxi ride to the French side of this beautiful island and we dined at La Cigale. Best meal we have had on this island, and probably ever! We shared a lobster ravioli appetizer that was made IN lobster bisque. Absolutely to die for. We had cocktails and wine facing the ocean by candlelight, you can reserve tables actually on the beach as well. We had a great entree and a perfect raspberry macaron for dessert. The view, the service, and the ambiance...5 stars all the way! Thank you for giving us a divine meal and making two honeymooners very happy!

1  Thank KristiLocho
LaCigaleRestaurant, Responsable relations publiques at La Cigale Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear customers, many Thanks for your lovely review. We are so happy to see that you had a perfect dinner at La Cigale for your honeymoon!

We wish you all the best for the future, and really hope to see you soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Excellent out-of-the-way spot! Right on the beach... feet in the sand. Great for romantic dinners or a rousing family affair (both were there the night we went). Fantastic wine list and the FOOD!! The lobster ravioli with foie gras was outstanding! Great attentive service too.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
LaCigaleRestaurant, Responsable relations publiques at La Cigale Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear customers,
Thank you very much to share your experience with us on trip advisor! We are so glad to hear good things about your dinner at La Cigale.
We sincerely hope to see you again ,

Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Repeated visit haven't been disappointed.
Found this quaint understated, yet, elegant restaurant, in Jan 2016 and this is my 3rd visit
The dishes are truly unique creations and delicious. As tasteful as they are, they still remain light and delicate. The ingredients are fresh and if you are deciding on a dish that the owner is not pleased with an ingredient he will honestly tell you that isn't your best choice and explain why i.e. We were choosing a dessert with pineapple and he said no my pineapples are not ripe enough please consider something else.
The service is accommodating and pleasantly friendly without being obnoxious.
I've been seated on beach and on decking. Both areas are lovely
A big recommendation from a New York girl.
P.S. They also own So French accross from Bucuneer Beach on Dutch side
Will definitely try that.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
LaCigaleRestaurant, Responsable relations clients at La Cigale Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

thank you very much for your kind review ! We are waiting to see you next Time!!

All the best to you,
La cigale team

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Being a bit of a self-confessed Gourmet I am always on the look out for a Restaurant where the chef really knows how to cook food and finally found one in a delightful setting as well. I had actually emailed them the night before, stating that I was flying in from the States, couldn't guarantee the time I was coming in, but it would be around the 6pm mark and also asked for a special food request for my partner. They did in fact email me back twice, apologized for their poor English and said they would do whatever they could. This in itself is unusual to get a quick reply let alone a reply.

We arrived about 6.30pm and they sat us outside on the beach overlooking the lagoon and it was charming. The Foie Gras emulsified into a soup was simply incredible and washed down with a Chateau Roumieu Sauternes 2010, perhaps more of a desert wine, but just went together perfectly. Followed by pork mignon filet with caramelized confit fruits, bacon and another large piece of foie gras on top(did I say I liked Foie Gras) and home made scallop potatoes. Absolutely first class. Followed by a soufflé which was good(height achieved 8/10) but lacking in a bit of flavor and this could have been because I am used to having some cream poured into the center...plus I couldn't distinguish the liquor used .but I'm technically in France now and this could just be their way and totally nitpicking here......

Service was slow or the main course did take quite a long time to appear and that was because I came at the same time as many others and the chef for whatever reason cooks for everyone at the same time. I did in fact return 4 days later and came 30 minutes earlier and we were served very fast and it was just as good as before. However, I really don't mind slow service, if the food is going to be this good. The service by our waiter was unrushed, professional and courteous and the owner came up several times to see how we were doing. Its a husband and wife team and they do a fantastic job here. You could go to many top places in Europe and not have a dining experience like this one. The only reason why I am not giving them 5 stars is because in other fine dining establishments they offer the same price for euros as they do dollars(talking cash here) and the exchange rate came out at 1.15. The rate for that day was 1.11 and I felt that if they offered this it would go a long way to establishing many repeat customers but based on the food and drink, they deserve 5 stars. Well done and next year will return without a doubt.

Thank you very much for all the Details you mentionned on your review. We were happy to host you two Time during your stay in St Martin,

We are waiting to see you again,

Regards,