“Amazing service and great food!”

Le Galion Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Marigot
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner at le galion! The location here is great and it offers a romantic setting right on the marina. The service here was excellent with friendly staff happy to chat and teach us French! We loved the calamari here and the tomato mozzarella. Also the dessert was amazing, best creme brûlée I had during my trip! After dinner we were given free shots of their house infused rum which was awesome. Definitely our favorite restaurant in Marigot.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

excellent family dinner celebrating our last night in st martin - the escargots were perfect, the beef carpaccio was the best we 've had in some time (not too salty!) - the hot goat cheese salad was to die for - drizzled with honey. we shared all of that to start - then had a margherita pizza (it was very large) - the hanger steak - pasta carbonara - and lamb. needless to say, we ordered too much food - but - we took home much of it and now have a lovely, exquisite lunch for today!
go here - it was excellent!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Had a wonderful dinner here one night during our stay in marigot and really enjoyed it. There was entertainment right beside the restaurant to enjoy as well. I had the whole snapper - it was delicious but a little disappointed that the server did not remove bones or anything - left it all up to me. That was odd as I saw servers do this for the customers at all other restaurants we visited during the rest of our stay. Anyway, rum punch was great and food/service was excellent.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

We were planning on going to the Tropicana restaurant on the French side. It was closed in preparation for the dinner meal. We decided to eat at Le Galion. The food was fantastic. We have not experienced much French cuisine in the past. My wife is Italian and the calamari was different than what we're used to. A little more breading than what Nana uses at home, but it was well seasoned. Also, the French onion soup had a unique flavor, but it was good. My wife had Rumsteak, which was basically a sirloin steak with an unbelievable creamy dipping sauce. Not sure where the rum comes in. Also, the real "French fries" were delicious, plus, also fantastic when dipped in the steak dipping sauce. I had roast duck, and it was phenomenal! I've heard French cooks are famous for their sauces and the duck with the sauce lived up to the hype. We had our meat medium rare, and it was juicy and delicious. We highly recommend Le Galion!

Reviewed 12 March 2016

We had never been to this restaurant in Marigot. It is right on the waters edge. Beautiful views. Great service and great food. We will definitely be back. We had the warm goat cheese salad which is to die for and the margeurita pizza. Loved every bite. Servings are large so good for sharing with two people. We took pizza home.