“Perfect for those with France in their blood”
Review of La Croissanterie - CLOSED

La Croissanterie
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open every day from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Reviewed 3 July 2015

My boyfriend is the son of a French-Canadian who takes croissants very seriously. We knew we had to try several croissants on the island to appease the French side! Le Croissanterie had the some of the best croissants- and crepes- ever!

We both had savory crepes and a chocolate croissant for breakfast! SO DELICIOUS!!!! It tasted like we were at a Parisian cafe! I need to stop comparing everything in Saint Martin to France- the island is French in its own right! My fresh squeezed lemonade was rather refreshing as well!

The views of the bay in Marigot were unparalleled. I loved just watching the docked boats and calm water.

We also decided to get a butter croissant to go! Yay!

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

I had heard that La Croissanterie had the best croissants on the island, so we had to check it out.

Wow! The croissant were flaky, buttery and slightly sweet. We were very impressed.

They are located on the marina in Marigot. A small, covered location where you feel very welcome and rewarded with good food.

Also, we each tried their omelettes. While nothing fancy they were very tasty.

We enjoyed our visit so much we had breakfast there twice on our trip.

FYI - they only take cash.

On previous trip to St Martin we had breakfast at Zee Best (which has growth to three locations on the island). However, they seem to have lost their zeal for quality croissant. The Zee Best butter croissant were doughy and taste like ones I get from my local grocery store.

Try Le Croissanterie instead.

1  Thank Chris1620
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Had breakfast at La Croissanterie while in SXM and loved it. Great location right on Simpson Bay Lagoon

Reviewed 14 June 2015

Tried Le Sucriere, Sarafina, and Cafe Atlantico but for croissants La Croissanterie beats them all hands down. Plus their location in the marina is far nicer than facing a busy street with cars whizzing by like the other 3.

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

Used to be a regular haunt of mine ever time I was in Marigot and a recent visit back to SXM and on the hunt for a decent breakfast at a decent price, we headed back again. Great friendly service, great made-on-the-premises croissants, great crêpes and fantastic coffee. Not the most salubrious of venues, but right by the marina, albeit it's just out of view.

1  Thank postcode70