Lazy Lizard Beach Bar & Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lazy Lizard: Where quality and customer service is our main goal
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Have you ever experienced anything in life that made you question everything that came before it? That made you wonder why this special slice of heaven took so long to grace your presence? An experience that you literally would forever remember because of the sheer magnitude of it resounding in the core of your being. This is the exact way that the Lazy Lizard makes you feel after your belly and soul have been fed by chef/owner Nic. My friends and I, being on vacation from Trinidad and Tobago always like to eat at the local spot, so that we get a taste of the island's best. While walking along the boardwalk in Phillpsburg SXM, we were drawn to the cool vibe of the Lazy Lizard and decided to try the food. WE DID NOT REGRET A THING!!! From the moment we sat down the warmness of Nic and his staff was enough to make us feel like we were back in Trinidad at a friend's house liming. And then came the dish I ordered.... THE CURRY GOAT! This is the reason for my title. Now being from Trinidad, I boast all the time that we have the best curry in the Caribbean and that no one can touch the way that we prepare curry goat. Well let's just say that I'm having a healthy serving of humble pie today, because I'm still tasting it. Chef Nic boasted about his Kitian (someone from St. Kitts and Nevis) being the best at making the dish, and he did not lie. She put her whole foot into that curry goat and I can safely say that it was ridiculous in the best way possible. My friends had the ribs, which by the way, made us feel to all go home and slap out mamas for not ever making something that delicious for us ever, the chicken wings, veggie melt designed for a vegan, and chicken strips. All we amazing! This man really knows how to treat his guest and by the looks of things his vested interest in the culinary and hospitality scene will continue to treat guests in a manner that would have them asking the question, "Where have you been all my life Nic?"

1  Thank Simmone E

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband were there for lunch during my vacation. It was my first time in Saint Martin (he lives there) and he had heard great things about the place. The food was so good, you could tell everything was fresh. The owner, Nick, is so passionate about the food he makes that is contagious! And after the first bite you can tell there is a lot of effort behind the making of this fabulous food. We had the best onion rings I have ever tasted, with curry sauce (hot!), the burger of the house, and cheese philly sandwich. Don't be fooled by the look of the place, you won't regret eating there.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I and 2 other couples had lunch both August 15 & 16 at the Lazy Lizard. The food was just amazing for a small on the boardwalk beach bar. Everything was fresh, never frozen. We had fresh patted cheeseburgers, fresh caught mahi mahi and grouper sandwiches, jerk chicken philly cheese steak, chicken tenders, and the best fresh onion rings ever. Didn't think the Varsity's (in Atlanta) onion rings could be topped but this came close. Very fast and friendly service. We will return, maybe tomorrow. Not open for dinner, but for cruisers in Philipsburg for the day - give this a try for lunch!

1  Thank Ylojktfan
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

AMAZING! I can't emphasize how great the food or the service was. The beach front bar/restaurant was clean, friendly and fast. We tried it off of a recommendation from our tour guide, he assured us if we wanted the taste of the Caribbean that's where we needed to eat. Our group tried the ribs, jerk chicken sandwich, curry chicken, and fish sandwich. The owner was the one who greeted and served us, he took so much pride in his food and restaurant which gave an even greater atmosphere. Definitely and must try!

1  Thank Marcella R
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The food was fantastic and the service was on point. We actually ate there twice and took food to go. Delicious jerk chicken and a bottle of Moet for kicks!

The owner lacked​ humility and this is why I can't give 5 stars. He went on and on about how I have this and I make that. He lacked the 'we' factor as it takes and army to serve great food and give good service. Let your food speak for itself. He even corrected a server in front of us. I was embarrassed for him.