Lowest prices for your stay
US$356
Hotels.com
US$356
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$249
eDreamsUS$356
PricelineUS$356
1,017 results
All reviews front street breakfast was included cruise ship an umbrella ocean view night life lounge chairs sint maarten rented a car simpson bay ships beach island loungers greenhouse irma
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2021

This hotel is a hidden diamond hidden within the busy downtown area on the Dutch side of Saint Maarten. It is family owned hotel which makes it very intimate for travelers. The location to the beach is awesome. You have the opportunity to sightsee downtown without driving around. I love the open floor plan of the lobby area, bar and restaurant. The dining room food is amazing. It is a must to try for dinner during your stay. The hotel rooms are spacious, comfortable and modern.

The staff is amazing and they are always willing to assist with your daily plans. I would like to give big shout out to the Front Desk Manager Diana, our amazing waitress Latoya Cross who made us feel at home. The food and beverage manager Jesse who assisted her staff when ever it deemed necessary so the guests didn’t have to wait and last but not less important John who made sure I always had enough tea in the morning and night.

I can’t wait to come again and I am sure I will be back to the Holland House. If you are thinking about a nice place to stay which is not to big and has a homey feeling. I suggest you try Holland House. You will not be disappointed.

Also don’t believe the people who say that you can walk from the French side to the Dutch. They are telling a Lie. I suggest you rent a car.

Necola Tillmon

Date of stay: March 2021
Paul Boetekees, General Manager at Holland House Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are very happy that you had a great experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon! Best regards!

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We were assigned an older room, on the 3rd floor edge of the building with a partially obstructed view of the Ocean, not what we expected.  We discovered the 4th floor has been fully renovated and was in much better condition.  The central AC is very loud when running, as loud as the older window installed versions of AC.  They start the common grounds music very early, around 7am, and this can be heard inside the room.  The blackout curtains don't block all the light.  All combined with the noise from music & AC made it very uncomfortable for us to rest properly.  The bed is very firm, so much that if one partner moves, the whole bed shakes. The staff experience ranged from friendly to indifferent to rude.  The cleaning staff did a great job.  We waited on the elevator one day for it to open with a uniformed staff member inside who didn't move to make room for us until I said excuse me, and then she didn't even respond verbally or acknowledge us - very rude and awkward.  We had to seek out service for drinks while using the beach lounge chairs on our first day, after asking the staff to direct us where we can sit.  The service at the restaurant was slow  each day & on our last day, despite being seating 5 mins first, a subsequent large group of men showed up next to us, whom the waitresses seemed to know, & chose to take their very large order of 8 people first.  I got up and requested a different waitress take our order, which she did & was very nice to us after that.

Room tip: Choose a room on the 4th floor
Date of stay: March 2021
Paul Boetekees, General Manager at Holland House Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Dear Mr. Fox, We are actually surprised and disappointed with your two star review that you also posted on Google. When you made your reservation through Expedia you had various options in room category. The Executive rooms are on the fourth floor and as such carry also a higher rate point. You reserved a regular room with beach view at a 40% discounted rate which was assigned to you; Unfortunately we could not honor your repeated requests and demands for the fourth floor when you arrived at the hotel. Yes indeed, the hotel is full at the moment even with the the Covid situation. The AC's are turned om maximum so its nice and cold when you arrive in your room, simply turning the fan down a bit will reduce any noise to an acceptable level and still give you nice airconditioned room. Unless you leave the sliding door open. In that case the air conditioning will keep running but no cold water will reach the coils. It also helps a lot to close the sliding doors so you have a quiet room. All rooms have upgraded hurricane resistant sliding doors with 1 inch thing glass. At the morning we play very relaxing, soothing music. Not too loud. Most people seem to enjoy it a lot when they relax in the lounge or are heaving breakfast ocean side. The beach side rooms are indeed rather bright, we will look into the black out curtain. Regarding the bed, we use Serta Presidential mattresses. Never had any complaints but we will check out what may have happend. Regarding the staff, and the elevator, considering the covid situation, only one person is allowed in an elevator. We have a bit of a small one but all staff is trained and guest are informed that you keep a distance. during these trying times. We apologize if the service was a bit slow although we also regret that during your stay and your conversations with the Front desk Manager this was not brought up. As a matter of fact none of your complaints have been brought up while you were at the hotel and your pictures show that you seemed to have a really great time here. We try everyday to accommodate each and every guest and we regret when something goes wrong or is not according to expectations. We will instantly make it right, but we also very much recognize when guest are retaliating.

Reviewed 12 March 2021

Just like a home away from home and Kim and Maggie in a caring but unobtrusive way make sure you are cared for. The house is beautiful and nice to have a pool for cooling off. Also close enough to the beach

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 January 2021

My husband and I were on our honeymoon. We tried to go to Holland House for breakfast and both times we were denied! The first time we were told we were too late for breakfast so we stayed and had lunch. Not a lot of choices but we ordered. Service was the worst. It took over 40 minutes for them to make a burger and fries and a ceaser salad with grilled shrimp!!! Neither entree was that great considering the wait! When we were leaving another couple just got up and left because of the long wait to be served! On our second attempt to have breakfast we were told they stopped breakfast early because they have residents that had to check out and we could sit and wait more than an hour to have the same crappy lunch we had the last time.....NO THANK YOU
The service here sucks and the attitude of the staff is even worse. I come to St Maartin every couple months and always wanted to stay at this hotel but after today my mind is definitely changed. I don’t think I would ever go back not even for breakfast!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Boetekees, General Manager at Holland House Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Angela, Of course we are disappointed with your review. Unfortunately due to the covid-19 pandemic there are some restrictions in order to provide safety and security for our guests and staff. Therefore we are no longer serving breakfast for guests that are not staying in the hotel. This is to make sure our hotel guests get the best of service with the limited staff we have. For your lunch experience we do apologize if the order was taking a bit longer than normal. I fully understand your disappointment and wish we could have served you in a better way. We will discuss your review within our team meetings and of course you can reach me through our website direct for any further contact.

Reviewed 7 January 2021

I stayed at the Holland House over the Christmas holiday and it was nothing short of brilliant! I'm someone who doesn't like hot weather but I took a chance to get out of my comfort zone to go to the Islands and decided on a stay at the Holland House. What a smart choice! The staff was amazingly friendly and I felt like I had know them for years. The Christmas dinner was wonderful and as a single traveler, I didn't feel alone one bit. My beach view room was awesome and what a view it was. Doing my morning run and ending it with a breakfast at the hotel with a view of the ocean....lovely. The Holland House was a reward for coming out of my comfort zone. I'm definitely coming back in 2021 and beyond! Bravo!

Room tip: Beach view is a must!
Date of stay: December 2020