Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 01/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$140
Hotels.com
US$140
eDreamsUS$180
TravelocityUS$140
PricelineUS$180
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We stayed here for our weekend getaway, and there no complaints. The room was spacious and clean, the staff helpful. We had opted to upgrade to an ocean view room which was well worth the additional cost. The rain came for most of our stay, but the room was comfortable enough that we only left for food and some shopping between down pours.

One issue was that the room was advertised with breakfast which we later found out meant coffee and croissants in the lobby. But other than that we were pleased.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desta M
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We had views of the water which was just outside our room. It deserved a 5 for that. However what let it down was that the bed sheets were smelly, at various times early morning it was noisy and generally the room was in need of some upgrading.

The kitchenette had barely enough for us to make a cup of tea or coffee or to cook a meal. The stove looked like something they found in a dumpster. Two of the four hot plates were not working.

They advertised a family room with a queen and two beds, no mention that the second bed was a sofa not even a sofa bed and charged us an extra 15 a night to sleep on a sofa.

The owner/manager was very money focused. I’ve never had to both sign and put in my pin to pay for anything on a card machine and to top it off he wrote down our ID details. Parking, laundry all came at exorbitant prices. I’d understand if it was a 4 star hotel. I doubt this could be classified as 2 star.

The WiFi was flaky at best, not good enough to do business. And importantly our mobile phones had no service in this area, which was extremely frustrating as we were there on business.

Finally, it isn’t a great location as you are surrounded by tourist stores, mostly jewelry’s, clothes and Casino’s and very few restaurants and it’s difficult to park.

I wouldn’t only avoid this hotel, I’d avoid this area if you are visiting for business.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank fl479
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I stayed here March 31 after my Star Flyer cruise, since I was off early they allowed me to go to my room as it was ready which was greatly appreciated, room was clean, large, with wet bar and refrigerator and tv and cold AC and large bottle of water for my use. Yes they are working on damage of the hurricane but this never caused me any problems and I was on the 5th floor and they were working on rooms there. Hotel is in mall and entrance is on Front St and next to the Catholic Church, so you are right in the middle of all the action with bars, restaurants, shops just step away. They do have an elevator for those who need it and wish they had safe in room but think that is at front desk but I prefer one in room. They were very friendly and arranged a taxi for me when I left and this is so convenient to all the action and really nice clean room I recommend if you plan a stay in Philipsburg

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank klemi
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Honestly, our expectations were hesitant to say the least when we booked this hotel for early March 2018 post Hurricane Irma; therefore, we were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations and the very welcoming staff. The rooms were clean, well furnished, and the utilities worked. We had a room with a view over looking the harbor/bay. Granted there was some construction some people complain about, but every other structure is under construction right now. Be positive and take the good over the bad and all will be just fine.

The hotel's location is downtown Philipsburg on the boardwalk, beach, and the main street through town. Smack dab in the middle of multiple restaurants, bars, and shops, and the heart of the Cruise Ship tourist area. A short walk to a full grocery store.

If you booked online or through third party travel agency, call/email the hotel direct and ensure they have your reservation. our reservation was lost in the shuffle due to the spotty internet. The two bedroom accommodation we booked for six was not available, fortunately, the hotel had two separate rooms open to accommodate our group of six and honored the original reservation without hesitation.

Overall our stay was enjoyable

Room tip: Ask for ocean side
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MichaelL7003
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a well located hotel in central Phillipsburg, close to shops, bars and restaurants; and given the damage caused by last year's hurricane, seemed to be operating quite well; some repairs are still in hand. Our suite had acres of space with a bedroom plus lounge/diner. The beds were OK being fairly comfortable but the room was overcrowded with large furniture items; and there was an extra chair in the airing cupboard. Noise from "government people" in the adjacent room made sleep on our third night difficult. The bathroom was a good size and was provided with soap, shampoo and a full range of towels. The lounge area provided extensive views over the beach and surrounding areas but the fluorescent lighting was too bright; the only stand alone lamp had no light bulb. Cupboard doors in the kitchen area had several greasy stains which were not cleaned throughout our stay. Limited breakfast was provided during our stay (which we were not expecting); it consisted of coffee, juice and croissants.

Date of stay: February 2018