All reviewspost hurricanesecurity guardcruise shipgrocery storesmall kitchenocean frontshipsbeachmicrowavetaxilampirmabaystorm
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a well located hotel in central Phillipsburg, close to shops, bars and restaurants; and given the damage caused by last year's hurricane, seemed to be operating quite well; some repairs are still in hand. Our suite had acres of space with a bedroom plus lounge/diner. The beds were OK being fairly comfortable but the room was overcrowded with large furniture items; and there was an extra chair in the airing cupboard. Noise from "government people" in the adjacent room made sleep on our third night difficult. The bathroom was a good size and was provided with soap, shampoo and a full range of towels. The lounge area provided extensive views over the beach and surrounding areas but the fluorescent lighting was too bright; the only stand alone lamp had no light bulb. Cupboard doors in the kitchen area had several greasy stains which were not cleaned throughout our stay. Limited breakfast was provided during our stay (which we were not expecting); it consisted of coffee, juice and croissants.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We stay here after the hurricane in the early part of feb, they still have a lot of damage that they are trying to repair, there was increased security thru out the city. Our room had already been repaired after the storm. Its right on the beach and close to shopping.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LydiaCapeCoral
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My expectations for the room I'd reserved prior to Hurricane Irma were set fairly low considering the short period of time they had to get back in business.

But...this was a good time to have an ocean front room. The view of the beach was beautiful, bay had been cleaned up quite well. I had the entire boardwalk beach to myself, there were only locals on the boardwalk. The shops on the boardwalk were open and excited about the cruise ships return in a few days.

My room was very clean, and SPACIOUS. One of the silver linings to visiting a location after such a disaster was that everything smelled fresh and new. The staff at the hotel desk were pleasant and quite helpful in assisting me with my luggage, where to eat, and the free wifi was up and running well. Horizon View Beach Resort far exceeded my expectations.

As a sidenote, the arrival at the airport was expeditious, lines moved quickly and luggage was delivered promptly. This was not the case at the airport in St Kitts from which I departed 8 days later. I had arrived 3 hours early for my flight and barely negotiated the chaos in time to board my flight. Then I got to sit on the tarmac for over an hour and a half (missing my ATL connection of course) as the airport staff sorted out the problem. St Maarten was hit by a Category 5 hurricane and yet were much more efficient than St Kitts which received much less damage.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are worth the extra fee.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Jerri A
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The room is just amazing, very clean, very big, has a small kitchen so you can prepare your things if needed, with a microwave and all the things you need for small prepares. The location couldn't be better as to one side you have the beach and to the other you have the many stores in the city, close to everything. It was an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Best view on the front ones to the beach
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I had a great time at this place which included a kitchen and a view of the beach. The place is more like an apartment but with room service. The front desk closes and there is not room service for food. The room is cleaned everyday. At nights there is a security guard.

Room Tip: Just asked for two double beds.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends