4,339 results
All reviews swim up bar sonesta maho lava rock butler service pizza ocean view il pescatore seafood restaurant a la carte restaurants pool deck sister hotel all inclusives special thanks oceanview room great bay beach st maarten beautiful island
Reviewed 4 June 2016

A wonderful experience! friendly and smiling staff and a beautiful view from the hotel.
You really feel on vacation and the breakfast has a lot of variety of food (as well as the lunch and diner)
Families, young or old couples will enjoy every different night's themes.
The negative points are the showers, no cold water unless you like hot or burning water after being sunburnt...
But in overall I enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are equipped with a locker and a powerful A/C
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmonof
LiveMaho, Guest Engagement Coordinator at Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear jmonof

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa in St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay and how you do recommend our resort. We certainly appreciate the time you took to write this review all about your stay!

Take care... until we hopefully see you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I've held off writing a review in hopes of getting at least something in the way of a refund I requested a few weeks ago. No one has acknowledged my request, so here you go folks. Where do I start? The rooms smell like mildew. So bad in fact, that everything I brought home had to be laundered several times. My bags had to be destroyed they stunk so bad. I got sick while staying there along with three others in my group, The service, with the exception of breakfast, was unbelievably poor. The breakfast service was good and I'd like to give it a higher rating, but the overall resort brings it down. The outdoor bars closed early. food service couldn't be obtained after hours. Service in the restaurants was poor to non at all. The bar service was poor. Typically, you'd ask for a drink and they wouldn't even acknowledge they heard you. I asked for a refund for some of the trip. Got nothing. I'm not sure what resort these people stayed at that are giving good reviews, unless they're standards of excellence are something between camping and a run down motel. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and stay elsewhere. Unless you want to see for yourself if anything can be that bad, go ahead. I could go on for hours but no more time to waste on this disaster.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank captstc
LiveMaho, Guest Engagement Coordinator at Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our Resort we value this feedback and I have forwarded it to our Management Team.

- Martha
mmarsden@sonestastmaarten.com

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We spent a week at Sonesta Great Bay Resort and it was truly marvelous! We engaged the butler service as part of our all-inclusive stay, and it was absolutely top-notch. Marsha, Gilberto, and Edrick were outstanding; they were professional, attentive, pleasant, very easy to work with, and made us feel right at home in paradise! Whether guiding us to breakfast each morning, taking our requests for lunch, prepping our reserved poolside lounge chairs, or attending to our finely-set dinners at any of the restaurants on-site, they treated us like royalty, and I’m sure made many other patrons wondering, “Who ARE those people?”. It was truly delightful having them as our butlers, and I cannot recommend them highly enough! If you are considering St. Martin as a destination, and you are up for a little extra care and hospitality, I urge you to consider the Sonesta Great Bay, and the butler service team; they are wonderful, and the resort itself is nearly perfect, ideally located on the edge of Philipsburg, with all the amenities I could imagine.

Room Tip: We had a King suite facing the Bay; it was perfect for us (couple)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 223terry

Dear 223terry,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa in St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay and how you liked bulter service. Thank you kindly for writing this great 5 star review all about it!

Take care... until we see you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

1st room smelt of mildew ,they moved us to a beachfront room which also smelt of mildew n urine ,very clean very weathered rooms-the shower gel ,shampoo had no scent or suds to it.we were there to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The night of our anniversary I told the hostess we were celebrating n she forgot to mention it to our waiter. I left a tip everyday for our maid,ask for extra towels everyday n never read them.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pat R

Dear Pat R

Thank you for the feedback on Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort in St. Maarten. Thank you for writing this review all about your stay. We would have liked to have known at Guest Services desk about your anniversary this is the department that makes sure a special occasion is special.

Take care,

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We have been very selective tourist over the years and as a result of finding this resort through word of mouth of a friend, we have been making this destination every year for the past ten years. This Resort, its facilities and staff have been overwhelmingly pleasant, courteous, helpful and overall very accommodating. We have found the rooms and services clean, and appropriate no issues to report. The food has been very good and the vast amount of selections daily would catch any ones food preferences.

The location of the resort is perfect for walking into the downtown area either on the street or down the beach to the boardwalk. Shopping is fantastic, just didn't like the people now coming up to you for the condo sales, but once you say NO NO they stay away for the most part.

Negative: the resort will have to make a decision of E-smoking in the food areas....some folks lit up when others having dinner which was inappropriate....resort will have to look at making the food areas E-smoke free areas.

Thanks to the friendly staff and especially our waiter Jonathan Puento who looked after us so very well and was a pleasure to get to know over the week. A young hard working young man.

Thank you Great Bay Resort.....PS it was such a nice and classy touch when my wife and I arrived in our room the card from you folks welcoming us back...nice touch.

Will see you folks next year.....we will be ready for another week full of laughs, relaxation......

John and Beth

Room Tip: Ocean view 4th floor upward...worth the extra dollars....
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank John J

Dear John and Beth

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort in St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay and how you liked the shopping and the team. Thank you kindly for writing this stellar 5 star review all about your stay!

Take care... until we see you again!