All reviews would highly recommend this hotel sint maarten great bay beach colbert boardwalk cruise balcony st island shuts ocean caribbean hurricane
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I had to stay here for a night because of my work. I arrived around 11pm and was checked in by 2 security people. A female and a male named Mr. Noble. They were both very kind and helpful.
They have food apparently but only until 10.30pm i think. However you can get food delivered after that time. I had a pizza from dominos delivered and it was quite decent.
The room itself was ok. Just average and guesthouse sort of style. Reasonably clean I suppose but dated looking. Air, fan, tv etc all working fine. Bed big and soft.
2 things that I didn't particularly like. 1 was the door that connected my room with someone elses room. Theoretically nothing wrong and a few hotels have it but personally i find it a bit creepy.
Other thing was the bathroom window was unlockable.
There is also a big balcony which is pretty much right on the beach. The location is excellent. I have seen it a few times during the day and have seen live music near the hotel. I do find it odd though that the beach is always so quiet the few times I have seen it.
Anyway, this isn't some modern sheraton hotel or anything. Just a humble old guesthouse and I would stay again if I had to.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel on cruise ship stop we're here one day before embarking on cruise. nice old building from 1905 but let down by poor service, cheap towels, bedding etc. In a busy spot with locals hanging outside of the room day and night. Difficult to enjoy the patio. Convenient to marina.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Arrived at the Royal Pasanggahran Guest House on Front Street in Phillipsburg around 10:40pm.

We were dismayed at the outside of the hotel from the Front St. entrance (under construction?), but were pleasantly surprised at the inside of the hotel, entrance from beach and our fabulous room in the new section that was more like a suite. There was a 4 poster bed with nice mosquito net over it, a separate room for toilet, huge tub, shower, bathroom, outside huge balcony facing beach and ships.

Next time we’d ask for a room higher up for more expansive beach view. Nice, hard mattress; Quality of bedsheets and pillows could be improved.

Only saw one mosquito in the room, but lots of small ones outside at dawn and dusk. Had our Deet on so no bites thankfully.

Great Bay beach was nice enough although not as amazing as other BVI beaches. Free beach chairs and umbrellas outside of our hotel. Saw 4 ships come into St. Martin port from balcony as well as our Windsurf ship entering port and docked.

I was a little uneasy about having to sign a blank credit card sheet at check-in (the type they slide through machine).
When one checks out they put the expenditure amounts in.

Went to breakfast at hotel restaurant overlooking beach…Amazing food and great service. Nice music in the evening played.

Spoke with Cordele (sp?) Manager. Nice lady. Said we could leave our suitcases there after the cruise since we had lots of time before our flight.

Definitely will be back!

Room Tip: New section, high level facing water
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Having made reservations, we expected our table to be ready ...
We were not greeted, not asked to wait, and when we had finally helped ourselves to a table, we were asked to move. The waitress tried to make us as comfortable as possible, but the start was really bad, and since it was already late, we could not leave to go elsewhere.
The food of the buffet was varied, and of a very good quality.
The ambiance was good with soft steel pan music in the background and a lovely view of Great Bay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

The location is perfect, right on the boardwalk in phillipsburg. The hotel is OK and a bit dated. The shower was luke warm. Also right now there is light construction going on.

If you want something posh, go to Holland House. If you want something reasonable right on the boardwalk, its a decent choice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple