“The place for an expensive average meal”
Review of Bayside Restaurant

Bayside Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Soufriere
Description: Enjoy Caribbean delicacies served at the water's edge during lunch and dinner at Bayside Restaurant in Sugar Beach, St. Lucia. Set on the white powder sands of one of the island’s most beautiful beaches, just feet away from the crystal waters of Anse des Pitons and the main swimming pool, you can enjoy gourmet pizzas baked in the wood-fired oven, specialty sandwiches, or the grilled catch of the day. Unique among restaurants in Soufriere, during dinner, a myriad of menu selections and the upbeat live entertainment showcase the flavor and culture of St Lucia.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We came here on our first night and found it was a bbq night with servings of pork, ribs, chicken and meat skewers. Looked decent but at $90 a person it didn’t look that great and we were turned off enough to walk away. So it’s not fair for me to judge the quality of the actual meal that night but I was disappointed that either you ate the bbq buffet or had no other option. We ate at another restaurant on site that night. We came back again the next night and the restaurant was offering meals from their menu. I honestly shook my head at the prices...just feels like you are getting gouged for staying at the resort. I don’t mind paying high prices for dinner as long as I feel it was worth it and satisfying. This meal certainly wasn’t worth it. We ordered the “whole” roasted chicken which to my surprise is not whole lol. I view whole as two thigh pieces with legs and two breasts with wings. Our place consisted of 4 pieces of thighs with legs attached. Some legs a lot smaller than others lol. I thought this had to be a mistake. I asked the waiter where’s the rest of the chicken the menu claimed as “whole”. I was told this is how they do it. I’m not sure if that’s how the restaurant does it or how the people of St. Lucia view a whole chicken meal as being. This plate by the way was $63 and we ordered it because it was for 2 persons. The chicken wasn’t bad, but the salad we ordered at $21 was very forgettable and what came with the chicken was unremarkable as well. They also don’t do ice water....either special still or sparkling water or bottled water at $3 a pop which they serve like wine to make it feel like it lasts lol. I’m talking the 12 ounce water bottles i believe but u don’t know ur charged until the bill comes. The most entertaining part of the meal was a cat that nestled next to us who was friendly and very eager for any scraps. The view of course is nice...but that’s it. If you have a car or make friends and share the expensive cab ride out of the resort to try other restaurants, I’d recommend that. For the prices you are paying I don’t believe you’re getting the quality in return.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I want to start by saying that I’m not sure if the quality of service we received was sub par due to us not staying at the Sugar Beach Resort, but visiting from Stonefield Resort, but not very friendly and service lacking. I can’t put into words, maybe standoffish fits the feeling best. My money spends just as well as anyone else’s. We came for lunch and due to treatment, it just felt off, we cancelled our dinner reservation for the following evening. The view is amazing, you can’t dispute that, we saw it during the day so were able to take in all the beauty. I didn’t feel the prices were too high, that was until I saw the portion size then I felt ripped off. Had a high quality meal with impeccable service at both Anse Chastanet and Orlando’s that I would recommend above this experience. If you are not a Sugar Beach Resort guest be advised if you want to step foot on the beach you will be harassed by their employees who are standing guard. HOWEVER the resort does not OWN the beach but they do own the chairs, don’t sit on a chair or it’ll cost you $50 USD per chair - but bring a towel and you can sit on the sand that’s free. Resorts provide you with those big beach towels but be aware different resorts have different color towels, so they’ll know you aren’t from there resort depending on your towel color... very clever! There is a tiny public beach section with free chairs, first come first serve, at the very end of the beach past the scuba shack, so after taking in all the pretense and watching people get kicked out of Sugar Beach Resort chairs we made our way over to the free chair section and relaxed in the shade. There we met Dr Twist, a local wood carver selling his wares, and an interesting character who made fast friends with my husband.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2018

On my stay at Sugar Beach had lunch and dinner all 6 days delicious meals, was never disappointed. The team at Bayside was awesome I’ll give them ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ And counting keep up the good work Ms. Phillips.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Great location on the beach, there is a beach bar next door as well. Mahi Wrap for lunch was great Menu is a little limited but overall everything we ordered was delicious.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Wonderful meal. Fresh and creative. Cheers to the chef! The venue was elegant and romantic. The tuna tartare is the best I’ve had.